All pre-req online

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

europ321123

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I have a bit unusual situation. I want to apply for Podiatry School. I spoke with Barry, they said Russian bachelor fine if it evaluated by WES, but I don't have any pre-req. I find out that some people finished their pre-req for DO school online in UNE, and Podiatry schools said that if school accredited its fine. I read stories when people get into DO with UNE online courses but they don't complete all pre-req online: Bio, Chm, Orgo, Phy.

Maybe someone was in the same situation or have experience applying to Podiatry School and been matriculated with online classes.

I interested in UNE classes, recently find out about Doane University. Doane said that their classes mostly for transfer purposes and that their lab online(problem that UNE can't sent me lab to Russia to start is ASAP), but they can issue transcript. But I mean will this work without transfer them to in person college.

Best regards

Members don't see this ad.

You may want to consider moving to the US if you are considering applying to a US Pod med school. It will help you in completing the prereqs either virtually or in person. You will need to complete both the lab and lecture portion to meet the Pre-med requirements (its very program dependent and its possible a program may ask for additional courses as their prereq):

· Biology 1 & 2 (lecture & lab)
· General Chemistry 1 & 2 (lecture & lab)
· Organic Chemistry 1 & 2 (lecture & lab)
· Physics 1 & 2 (lecture & lab)

· English

Finally, speaking to a program admissions department is the way to go for your application since the majority of students applying to Podiaty schools are from the US (with the exception of a few Canadians).

Reactions: 1 user
You may want to consider moving to the US if you are considering applying to a US Pod med school. It will help you in completing the prereqs either virtually or in person. You will need to complete both the lab and lecture portion to meet the Pre-med requirements (its very program dependent and its possible a program may ask for additional courses as their prereq):

· Biology 1 & 2 (lecture & lab)
· General Chemistry 1 & 2 (lecture & lab)
· Organic Chemistry 1 & 2 (lecture & lab)
· Physics 1 & 2 (lecture & lab)

· English

Finally, speaking to a program admissions department is the way to go for your application since the majority of students applying to Podiaty schools are from the US (with the exception of a few Canadians).
Thank you for reply. I met with Barry Podiatry via Zoom, they just said me that all I need that University must be regional accredited and that online courses is fine. However, they don't answer to question will online courses make my application weak and what about others, maybe someone have same experience, because Doane University offer me to start study right now, this way I will be able to apply for fall2022.
Sincerely,

Thank you for reply. I met with Barry Podiatry via Zoom, they just said me that all I need that University must be regional accredited and that online courses is fine. However, they don't answer to question will online courses make my application weak and what about others, maybe someone have same experience, because Doane University offer me to start study right now, this way I will be able to apply for fall2022.
Sincerely,

I don't know about Doane U, but the program at UNE is very good and well known. If you do well there (B or higher), then you should be fine for Barry.
If you choose to go this route, ask another Podiatry program if you can apply or not with the UNE online courses, like don't just depend on Barry and keep a backup or two.

Hopefully, someone that took classes at an online institution can provide their feedback. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users