All Saints University - any information/opinions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roboplus

Reaction score
Hi.

I was admitted to All Saints University School of Medicine. They have campus in Dominica and St Vincent. It's not one of the big 4, but I could not find any information about this school online. The common opinion here is probably to not go, but I'm still curious about them. If you have any information or experience from there, please let us know here I would appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
It's not one of the big 4, AND I could not find any information about this school online.

These are two very important data points that you should strongly take into consideration in making any future decisions about your career prospects as a physician.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm amazed at stuff like this, simply amazed. Someone paid $100 to apply to this school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Shinken, is there anything you know about that place? I'm just curious and genuinely asking. I understand the general opinion strongly advises away from the school, but have surprisingly found very little feedback or commentary on experience from there. There have been remarks on here and elsewhere about St James, Spartan, Trinity, and some others. I mean because the school has been around since 2006 at its Dominica campus. The St Vincent campus opened in 2010. But I think before 2006, it was on another island.

Last edited:
Hi.

I was admitted to All Saints University School of Medicine. They have campus in Dominica and St Vincent. It's not one of the big 4, but I could not find any information about this school online. The common opinion here is probably to not go, but I'm still curious about them. If you have any information or experience from there, please let us know here I would appreciate it!
I know a girl who went to this school from 2014-2018 and she got matched into a residency in the US. She said it required tremendous amount of work because the school is an iMG and she needed to score higher in her STEP exams. But at the end she got “matched” to her first choice and so did her classmates too.You should do a lot of research because by the time you are done it will be 2023 and things will changed based on where you did medical school.
From a website : ECFMG® has announced that, effective in 2023, physicians applying for ECFMH Certification will be required to graduate from a medical school that has been appropriately accredited. To satisfy this requirement, the physician’s medical school must be accredited through a formal process that uses criteria comparable to those established for U.S. medical schools by the LCME or that uses other globally accepted criteria, such as those put forth by the WFME.
Good luck

Oh wow, so there have been confirmed matches from the school. Hmm...

I know 2 Canadians who went there and still has yet to match. I know tuition fee is very low there.

Oh wow, so there have been confirmed matches from the school. Hmm...
You missed the point of Zaza9’s post. They are telling you there’s a risk of the school not maintaining accreditation, yet you only pointed out the positives. Just because you read it on a forum, does not make it “confirmed”. A school needs to be transparent about their match lists, attrition, and 4 year graduation rates. The fact that you need to come to SDN to find answers about a school shows something.

Reactions: 2 users
My bad; I get the main idea, don't get me wrong. But you said maintaining accreditation, aren't they not accredited to begin with? With Ross leaving the island, I wonder how that affects the ability of this school to operate, and their chances of meeting standards.

How legitimate do you think a school can be if it accepted you with a 3.0 GPA and no MCAT?

Also:

upload_2018-11-13_20-21-28.png

You want to spend two years on a godforsaken, poverty-stricken island (hopefully you'd find clinical rotations in Canada for your latter two years, but that's far from a guarantee) for an 18% chance of becoming a practicing physician in Canada? Sounds like a great deal.

What about the possibility of going to a DO school in the US? Well, in 2017, the average GPA and MCAT for foreign matriculants to US DO were 3.63 and 505.6, respectively. Whether it's fair or not, the bar is set much higher for foreign applicants than domestic applicants; you won't make the cut.

Sorry, dude. Unfortunately, the best thing you can do at this point is to pick a different career.

How legitimate do you think a school can be if it accepted you with a 3.0 GPA and no MCAT?

Also:

View attachment 241852

You want to spend two years on a godforsaken, poverty-stricken island (hopefully you'd find clinical rotations in Canada for your latter two years, but that's far from a guarantee) for an 18% chance of becoming a practicing physician in Canada? Sounds like a great deal.

What about the possibility of going to a DO school in the US? Well, in 2017, the average GPA and MCAT for foreign matriculants to US DO were 3.63 and 505.6, respectively. Whether it's fair or not, the bar is set much higher for foreign applicants than domestic applicants; you won't make the cut.

Sorry, dude. Unfortunately, the best thing you can do at this point is to pick a different career.

No, I do not. I will be looking at a different career path. I don't believe I will make it if I go through a Caribbean medical school.

Haven't been here in a while...

Although I appreciate the advice, there are factors in the real world, conveniently absent in dreams, that are dangerous to ignore. If there's a considerable chance it leads to financial ruin, it's pretty justifiable not to follow a dream desperately.

Also, I'm not sure the titantic-ark analogy is really valid. The former is a verified and recorded event in history; the latter, well....

Reactions: 1 users
What happened to faithmd1 post? Looks like they deleted it, my reply has no context.

They basically suggested I follow my dreams, no matter where it took me. They also said the titanic was built by experts and it sank, while amateurs built Noah's Ark and it lasted the flood.

Last edited:
What happened to faithmd1 post? Looks like they deleted it, my reply has no context.

They basically suggested I follow my dreams, no matter where it took me. They also said the titanic was built by experts and it sank, while amateurs built Noah's Ark and it lasted the flood.

I got admission in All Saints University of Medicine. What should I do? Who can tell me the real facts. Anybody who can help me to decide go or not to go.

These schools don't post their outcomes openly. From the WME site, here is their listing:School Detail

You can see that for the two years listed, there were 46 graduates but 180 people admitted which suggests a graduation rate of 25%.

Looking at their website, they only have 14 matches listed for 2021.

These are the numbers from the Dominica campus, I expect the other campus is similar, or worse.