All white suit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NAVYLABTECH08

DA DOCTOR IS HERE
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got this friend that is going to wear an all white suit for his interview. Should I try to talk him out of it?

Members don't see this ad.

I got this friend that is going to wear an all white suit for his interview. Should I try to talk him out of it?

If you really are his friend, then yes.

j/k.

I wouldn't recommend it.

Members don't see this ad :)

No, do NOT talk him out of it. That will be one less person I will have to compete with.

No, I would encourage him to wear a bright pink shirt with a daffy duck tie to make sure he really stands out.

p.s. LizzyM... is that the fruitcake lady??

Tom Wolfe called, he wants his interview suit back. :)

If I interviewed this kid, I'd accept him on the spot.

He needs a STRONG Southern draw to pull it off - also, probably a bow tie.

He needs a STRONG Southern draw to pull it off - also, probably a bow tie.

and a mustache and glasses.

colonel_zoom.jpg

No way! That's awesome....let him wear it....he must own one already so more power to him!

I wouldn't automatically assume that an off-color (haha) suit will be frowned upon. A friend of mine interviewed last year and had to wear one of his dad's suits from the early 80's (read: bellbottom pants, plaid jacket etc...) due to a last minute fashion emergency. The interviewer was totally blown away and pretty much congratulated him for having the balls to come in looking like that. He got in a few weeks later.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't automatically assume that an off-color (haha) suit will be frowned upon. A friend of mine interviewed last year and had to wear one of his dad's suits from the early 80's (read: bellbottom pants, plaid jacket etc...) due to a last minute fashion emergency. The interviewer was totally blown away and pretty much congratulated him for having the balls to come in looking like that. He got in a few weeks later.

I think we have to think more about the type of personality that would wear this in a non-emergent situation.

With a white suit, you have to be extra careful when going to the bathroom...

stormtrooper_wc.jpg

Well, his interviewers will definitely remember him.

Is it like... pimp suit white? or seersucker or something like that?

(neither of which are probably acceptable...)

Any med school that turns down someone with that much style and class is not worth it anyways. I say make sure he goes through with it. :thumbup:

:laugh: I was so picturing Colonal Sanders too.
Definitely talk him out of it. That's like a girl pulling an Elle Woods and wearing a hot pink suit:eek:

No, he's not a Navy officer yet. I tried to recommend a nice tan instead, but he has his mind set on white. I saw the suit, and it is really nice. Not pimp, but very,very smooth. In fact, it fits his personality. Smooth, carasmatic, confident. He just might be able to pull it off.....unless it rains and a car splashes a mud puddle on him:laugh:

My friend's dad: "Son, you look like a pimp in that suit."
friend: "yeah this suit is pretty nice huh?"
Friend's dad: "No son, you look like you sell hoes."

My friend's dad: "Son, you look like a pimp in that suit."
friend: "yeah this suit is pretty nice huh?"
Friend's dad: "No son, you look like you sell hoes."

:laugh: what did the friend say then?

Really depends on how cool your friend is.

lgsb0087+tony-montana-smoking-a-cigar-al-pacino-scarface-art-print.jpg

I thinks it's okay... There was a guy at one of my interviews that wore a suit kinda like that and it looked really nice.

and its different from what most guys wear... so thats good.
Yeah, it's called a three piece suit. I wear one to my interviews and I have received a lot of compliments. =p

wait, it's after LABOR DAY? pluuueeese!