Alliant(fresno/sac)vs Argosy(SF)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psychologist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello every one.........:)

Please help me in deciding the universities...as i am an international student and getting confuse in choosing the university.....

i have applied in Psy D course

Which one is best:
Alliant(FRESNO/SAC)/Argosy(SF)/california institute of integral studies-(i got my mark sheets evaluated through WES,so my GPA is 3.87,because of that California institute is ofering me AN ADVANCE STANDING,means i have to attend 60 units to complete my psy d program

Which university has good internship rate?
And which university has good faculty?and also the course work..

Members don't see this ad.

I may be misunderstanding the situation, but are you saying that the California Institute is offering you transfer credits simply because you have a 3.87 undergraduate GPA? That would be a HUGE red flag to me. Just because you got good grades as an undergrad doesn't mean you should be able to test out of graduate level work. Also, what does this say about the average GPA of the other students? 3.8 is good, but it's not outside the realm of human experience or anything.

Unfortunately, neither of the schools you picked have any credibility in the U.S. My suggestion would be that if you're going to apply internationally, you should apply to schools that are going to be seen as strong my people in both that country and in your own (and even internationally). Those two schools probably have better reputations in your country than in their own (the U.S.) b/c at least in your country they may lack the notoriety they have here in the U.S.

Members don't see this ad :)
Unfortunately, neither of the schools you picked have any credibility in the U.S. My suggestion would be that if you're going to apply internationally, you should apply to schools that are going to be seen as strong my people in both that country and in your own (and even internationally). Those two schools probably have better reputations in your country than in their own (the U.S.) b/c at least in your country they may lack the notoriety they have here in the U.S.

Alliant has the better rep over Argosy. Many people on this site hold strong views about professional schools (some of them still undergrads who have not gone through the application experience themselves, so ignore the negativity).

Although, I also find it odd that Alliant is taking undergrad classes to apply towards the PsyD, the truth is that there is going to be a mix of people at both schools(like all schools), some really bright and motivated, and others not so much. However, I applied and was accepted at Alliant, and have done a lot of research, and many students who graduate from there do go on to have good careers. One (who I contacted) is even a professor at Harvard Medical School (and stated she enjoyed her time there). Others I talked to worked at hospitals in CA and reported liking the school. Best of luck and congrats.

Thanks all of you for sugestions....

I have done my masters in clinical psychology in my country...so i am not applying after undergrads..........

I really dont know what to do........

But Alliant Fresno/Sac has the worst reputation of all the Alliant schools.

Hmmm....maybe you could see if you could go to the San Diego or San Francisco campus instead. They are suppoed to be the best of the Alliant system. I spoke with one of my prof yesterday, and she said that Alliant is very branch dependent and that SD and SF are the best of them. She said that Argosy is owned by a pocket book company (sacks?), so I would be wary about Argosy. Good luck.