Allopathic Med Schools that pre-screen?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wut?

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've looked at alot of threads made by students with a low science and/or cumulative GPA and a term that I see very often is "pre-screen".
Since there are medical schools that pre screen for low gpa's or MCATs, could anyone name some specifically? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Go to their admissions websites and do some detective work. This is a useful skill.
You trying to get on that probation time my friend?

Members don't see this ad :)
Define "pre-screen." I would imagine that pretty much all of them have GPAs/MCATs below which they won't consider applicants.

You trying to get on that probation time my friend?
I was a LOT harsher for my transgression.

But as an aside, it's appalling how many people can't be bothered to simply go look at a med school's website. I suspect people simply copy down names from USN&WR and make their list from that.

And yes, I know that there are > 150 med school sin the US...but really, if one is going to spend 4 years of one's life at a place, and > $250K, don't you think it's good idea to do some minimal research?

Reactions: 9 users
According to @Lawper you shouldn't apply to any low-tier schools with a MCAT over 505.

:)

Not enough my friend. Get ready to whip out some cash for them secondaries

Reactions: 1 users

But as an aside, it's appalling how many people can't be bothered to simply go look at a med school's website. I suspect people simply copy down names from USN&WR and make their list from that.

And yes, I know that there are > 150 med school sin the US...but really, if one is going to spend 4 years of one's life at a place, and > $250K, don't you think it's good idea to do some minimal research?

Lol you must be at least 50 years old with your blunt nature. Or from NY. Is your repented transgression deleted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't be rude to an old man.
Also I'm pretty sure Goro is not over 50, but he's definitely a New Yorker, I knew that within like, ten minutes of following him.

Don't be rude to an old man.
Also I'm pretty sure Goro is not over 50, but he's definitely a New Yorker, I knew that within like, ten minutes of following him.

Wut lol

Reactions: 2 users
Which low tier schools
So what I said about lawper was a joke... the threshold where you may get yield-protected at low-tier schools is like 520. I would still apply though tbh... "low-tier" is a stupid term.

Applying to med school is like buy a drink for someone at a bar. You have to expect that some will walk away without ever talking to you.

Reactions: 1 users
Applying to med school is like buy a drink for someone at a bar. You have to expect that some will walk away without ever talking to you.
That's why you don't buy people drinks at bars ;)

The Philly Triplets, Loyola, Wake, EVMS, NYMC, Albany, Rosy F, SLU, MCW, GWU, Gtown, off the top of my head.

Correct me if I am wrong..but hasnt Jeff been gaining some ground as of late to move itself out of low-tier?

Also, OP, VCU and Quinnipiac pre-screen.

Reactions: 1 user
Mayo, sort of.

Reactions: 1 user

guilty as charged.