Almost done with Gross anatomy!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nlax30

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just about to take my last anatomy exam in gross in just over an hour!!!
Head and neck.....fun......

Definitely ecstatic while sitting here trying not to look at notes. There's gotta be some others just about to finish up as well?

Members don't see this ad.

Nice, man, congratulations!

A word of advice - IMHO, you are about to enter what has so far been the sweetest 2 months of med school. After anatomy you will "just" have PBL, clinical and OMM. Enjoy it! Next semester you will start the mini courses and things will get a bit more hectic.

I am not fond of anatomy right now, origin-action-insertion-innervation-blood supply can kiss my simpsonized A$$

Members don't see this ad :)
Ugh, I'll take gross over embryology/histology any day of the week. But yeah, smelling like a dead body 24/7 is kind of a downer.

I am in total agreement, I am not the biggest anatomy lab fan, but the class is interesting at least, Histo is mind numbingly BORING. Ohh well, just a few more weeks of "Black October" here at NSU.

Althought Neuroanatomy next semester seems like it will be pretty rough.

I am in total agreement, I am not the biggest anatomy lab fan, but the class is interesting at least, Histo is mind numbingly BORING. Ohh well, just a few more weeks of "Black October" here at NSU.

Althought Neuroanatomy next semester seems like it will be pretty rough.

Hmmm. Black October seems to also include the last week of September and most of November. 10 exams in 9 weeks! (counting SPEs) Ugh! Great schedule to not be able to rock on anything, lol!

Holy crap I'm jealous. We're on quarters. We have anatomy until FEBRUARY!!!

Just about to take my last anatomy exam in gross in just over an hour!!!
Head and neck.....fun......

Definitely ecstatic while sitting here trying not to look at notes. There's gotta be some others just about to finish up as well?

Congratulations. One of the worst hells you can possibly endure in life is coming to an end.

I hate anatomy. It can't be over too soon.
Unfortunately it won't be over for you for another full year. On the upside, we don't get nearly as massive of a dose at one time as most other students, so you can just maintain a mild hate for a year without going absolutely insane. :laugh:

Hope you did well on the test! I had biochem mon, micro tues, studying for genetics/embryology/histology for thurs then ppc friday. My school gave us a free netters so i got that yesterday looks interesting, better than this genetics. We dont take it til next block

Yup, did well and got what I wanted in the class, so very pleased. We're a PBL curriculum, so "technically" we'll still be doing anatomy here and there throughout the next couple years......but now i don't have lecture everyday and I can get up and just study on my own.

I liked anatomy (except for the ears for some reason), but I was starting a little tired of it being my whole life for the past 10 weeks.

Wow...I'd take anatomy for all 4 years if I could over some of the stuff in our Molecular Fundamentals course...I LOVE anatomy...it MAKES SENSE and I can SEE IT. :)

I don't envy you guys still taking gross. I had never been so relieved in my life to have that out of the way.

Ah, so jealous. I too hate anatomy, everything about it, the smell, the looks of it, doing it, Netter's, haha. I'm stuck doing it til Feb.....