Alpert (Brown) Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

komsys

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone heading out to RI this August? :) I know there's only a few of us, lol..

Members don't see this ad.

I am :). Coming to second look? See you there

I really wish I could go to the second look, but the timing is pretty terrible. I'm already rescheduling a few exams just so I could make a different second look.

I really love Brown, though, especially Kathy Baer and Barbara Fuller. They have to be perhaps the most helpful people to me throughout this entire process. Certain other schools haven't even been half as nice or responsive, which has been important for me to consider.

:love:

Members don't see this ad :)
All I want is to go to Brown. If anyone forgoes their acceptance please PM me... I am in need of good news lately :(

I'll be there in August! How was second look for those of you that went?

2nd look was great! they had a lot of things planned but a lot of mingle time getting to know your classmates and meeting PLMEs. I think the coolest part was looking and experiencing the cadavers and playing in the sim lab (they have an awesome sim lab)..

2nd look was great! they had a lot of things planned but a lot of mingle time getting to know your classmates and meeting PLMEs. I think the coolest part was looking and experiencing the cadavers and playing in the sim lab (they have an awesome sim lab)..

That's pretty cool! Anybody remember how big the class is? Is there a roommate service or anything that the school has or helps to organize? If I go I'd really like to get a roommate for next year since everything seems so expensive (relative to Oklahoma).

I get so excited every time this thread is bolded :( I need wait-list movement!!

hey guys...i'm going to start a facebook group Alpert Medical School of Brown University Class of 2012 ....so join if you're coming or possibly coming

That's pretty cool! Anybody remember how big the class is? Is there a roommate service or anything that the school has or helps to organize? If I go I'd really like to get a roommate for next year since everything seems so expensive (relative to Oklahoma).

Hey Azadi,

Our class (current 1st year) has 96 students. I think the c/o 2012 is the same, maybe slightly larger. In terms of housing, the admissions office will gather a list of people who are interested in roommates and/or apartments. Then they'll put everyone in contact so you can communicate with people and find roommates. A number of people in our class are living together, and they found each other that way.

Good luck with decisions, everyone! I remember how hard the decision was for me last year.

I am heading up to Providence this week to look for an apt - I am thinking one bedroom near campus - and was wondering if anyone had any advice about it (have any of you started looking?) Anything I should do or not do?

I am heading up to Providence this week to look for an apt - I am thinking one bedroom near campus - and was wondering if anyone had any advice about it (have any of you started looking?) Anything I should do or not do?

My boyfriend lives about 1 mile from campus and pays $1000 for a 2/1. You probably won't be able to find anything super close to campus AND cheap.

I really don't know exact areas to look, but all of the neighborhoods within a 1.5 mile radius of campus are nice. Be careful though because there are TONS of scummy landlords in Providence.

Good luck and I hope I can join you next year!

I was wondering if we could make a list of people positive they are going to Brown. I would also like to know who is going, but is also holding an alternate list spot at their first choice.

I'm sorry for constantly bombarding every Brown thread, but I'm incredibly desperate to get off of the alternate list.

The 2nd Annual Mustachio Bashio is being held at Mao's "House of a Thousand Menorahs" (Brown St) after the disciplinary hearing on Monday. Bring an outrageous holiday sweater and (of course) a mustache.