Already getting interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluesTank

Zombie
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just got my first 2 interviews today, and I was really surprised. (This is for Texas schools so keep that in mind).

I turned in my TMDSAS app relatively early in early June, and I already got a call? Do early interview invites mean anything, or do they just go in alphabetical order, or by submit date? Or were they just really confident in me or something?

Just was curious,
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I am under the impression they go by date, which is why everyone emphasizes the importance of applying early like you did.

Looking at your mdapplicants page, your stats look like someone who is med school worthy to me. Good luck on the interviews!

Which ones were they, if you don't mind?

Edit: Never mind, saw your other post. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Which TX schools did you get invites from? I also applied to TX schools (was verified around 6/20) and am waiting for interview invites.

Good luck! your profile looks great. You should have no problem getting into any of the TX schools.

yay, i got UTMB too! (I was really surprised, since my #'s aren't too high, and I'm an OOSer). Good luck to you, bluestank, and maybe I'll see you at the interview!

DoctorToBe2010 and bluetank, did you guys get the invites today??

I got an invite from UTMB today, my TMDSAS app was process june 23ish... my numbers are fairly average so i was surprized :)

That's great, guys!! I'm so happy for y'all.

I just called UTMB and asked as to when I should expect a word from them. They told me that it usually takes around 3 weeks after you are processed to get an interview invite. If you're not going to get an interview, they don't contact you until January (In Jan, they officially reject you :( ).

How are other TX schools?

Yes I got it today, seems like a lot of people got one today (see Texas thread), so I think they just mass email people that pass after a certain time point.

Congrats guys