Alright...do I have a shot *anywhere*?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cwc127

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would like honest answers on my chances for admission into medical school (MD).

GPA - 3.35 (strong upward trend, if this has any significance...)
MCAT - 33R (9 V, 12, BS, 12 PS)
EC's - Fairly standard. Nothing "spectacular". Light volunteering, EKG tech, club sports, medical scribe (took medical histories in the ER).

I live in Louisiana, and only mention this because I know that one's chances can vary greatly depending on their state of residence. I would love nothing more than to get into my state school, but honestly, at this point, I am wondering if I have a shot anywhere.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'd say you have a shot. Your apps not too diff from mine... see my MDapps profile to see schools i got interviews/acceptances at. Good luck!

I'd say you have a shot. Your apps not too diff from mine... see my MDapps profile to see schools i got interviews/acceptances at. Good luck!

You went to Columbia and had significantly higher gpa. Not really a comparable application.

yes you have a shot!

I had a similiar GPA --> http://www.mdapplicants.com/viewprofile.php?myid=10809

How are your ECs? You will probably have more luck with "primary care" schools rather than ones that are heavily research based (research schools seem to care a bit more about the numbers).

Good luck! :luck: