Alternative nonpharm job dilemma?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

icekitsune

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I saw an interesting job that I can apply for recent graduate FT, but its not pharmacy related. Idk if its something i should do considering i spent so much time/money/effort in pharmacy school but at the same time, I need a job for loans and due to family issues, i cannot relocate and job search elsewhere as of this moment. Should i apply anyways? (there's no guarantee, i'll get the job)
 
I saw an interesting job that I can apply for recent graduate FT, but its not pharmacy related. Idk if its something i should do considering i spent so much time/money/effort in pharmacy school but at the same time, I need a job for loans and due to family issues, i cannot relocate and job search elsewhere as of this moment. Should i apply anyways? (there's no guarantee, i'll get the job)

if it's a choice between sitting on your ass unemployed or getting a non pharmacy job, you might as well do it. something to hold you over until a pharmacy job comes through. if it does come, you can just bounce from this job.
 
Better to have a job, than no job. You can always keep looking for pharmacy jobs while in a non-pharmacy job.