Altius MCAT tests your opinion or recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SCN1a

Sleep at some point
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I realize the best possible material to use is from the AAMC; however are the Altius tests representative of the material. I know NS is fairly calculation heavy and Kaplan and PR seem overly difficult and less representative. So what in your opinion is the best test company to go with? I’m looking into testing sometime in the future when I’m ready after taking several practice exams and reviewing in-depth.

Thanks for any insight.

Members don't see this ad.

AAMC > NS > EK > Altius > everything else?

My studying went EK books w/ chapter tests, NS exams, all UWorld questions, then AAMC material. I liked the Altius diagnostic and bought a few tests, but wasn't able to fit it into my study plan.

Reactions: 1 user

My studying went EK books w/ chapter tests, NS exams, all UWorld questions, then AAMC material. I liked the Altius diagnostic and bought a few tests, but wasn't able to fit it into my study plan.
Thanks for the insight I was on the fence on whether or not to go for NS maybe I’ll do the diagnostic for both and see where I’m at format wise. Thanks

Thanks for the insight I was on the fence on whether or not to go for NS maybe I’ll do the diagnostic for both and see where I’m at format wise. Thanks
No problem! I went with NS because I liked their explanations. Also the NS interface mimicked AAMC's, while Altius used their own.

Members don't see this ad :)
I realize the best possible material to use is from the AAMC; however are the Altius tests representative of the material. I know NS is fairly calculation heavy and Kaplan and PR seem overly difficult and less representative. So what in your opinion is the best test company to go with? I’m looking into testing sometime in the future when I’m ready after taking several practice exams and reviewing in-depth.

Thanks for any insight.

@Beshwaji

We've (OP) known each other many years, but this is the first time you (OP) ever came to me for counsel or for help. I can't remember the last time that you PM'ed me to for a quick chat, even though we are both premed. But let's be frank here. You never wanted my friendship. And, uh, you were afraid to be in my debt.

Lol, how can you rank Altius if you never got to their FLs? Haha.

I love NS, but I heard that Altius is the best in terms of graphs and experimental interpretation. I'll be using both and will give more insight later.

Lol, how can you rank Altius if you never got to their FLs? Haha.

I love NS, but I heard that Altius is the best in terms of graphs and experimental interpretation. I'll be using both and will give more insight later.
True, it may be a bit unfair to rank it based off the the diagnostic. This was just based off of whatever experiences I had with them. That being said, I did like their graphs and answer explanations - I would recommend a few of their tests if you have time.

@Beshwaji

We've (OP) known each other many years, but this is the first time you (OP) ever came to me for counsel or for help. I can't remember the last time that you PM'ed me to for a quick chat, even though we are both premed. But let's be frank here. You never wanted my friendship. And, uh, you were afraid to be in my debt.
is this a new copypasta that i'm not aware of?

is this a new copypasta that i'm not aware of?

If copypasta is copy & paste, then no. I modified a quote from the godfather based on beshwajis avatar. It seemed fitting because you were asking for advice/assistance and don corleone answered.

Reactions: 1 users
If copypasta is copy & paste, then no. I modified a quote from the godfather based on beshwajis avatar. It seemed fitting because you were asking for advice/assistance and don corleone answered.

oh gotcha! didn't even put the two together. maybe I should take a break from studying!