Alumni?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrToothfairy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How much of an impact do you think Alumni relations have? My friend and I were debating on how much it helps on our resume. We both plan to go to dental school and our elder siblings have went to the respective med schools of the colleges we both want to go to. I was just wondering if this would have an impact at all and if it would be big or insignificant.

Members don't see this ad.

None. It might touch on the admissions sub-concious. For example, if your Dad, Mom, and siblings are all doctors or in professional schools, adcoms may think, "oh this applicant must be inherently smart". But you still have to have grades, numbers, and an overall resume to prove it. So like Blue Panther said, none.

Members don't see this ad :)
How much of an impact do you think Alumni relations have? My friend and I were debating on how much it helps on our resume. We both plan to go to dental school and our elder siblings have went to the respective med schools of the colleges we both want to go to. I was just wondering if this would have an impact at all and if it would be big or insignificant.

They may have "went" to md/ds but, unless some of their magic dust rubbed on you two, it is unlikely to register on anyone radar screen.

Unless you have legacy at that specific dental school, I don't think it'll help, even if it's the med school.