am I allowed to take the ACT as many times as I would like?

• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

Local

Stop the Shananigans!i!i!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2008
Good ole Louisiana
Status
Medical Student
You can take it as many times as you want. Most colleges are cool, and go with your highest score. Very few colleges let you mix match sub scores though. I think its best to take it as many times as you can, if your score keeps increasing.

About the Ads

glowworm

inching along
10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2008
oklahoma
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Also, I believe the ACT gives you score report choice-you only send colleges the scores you want to, and they never know about the other ones. So if you don't think you did as well on a test as you want to, don't list any colleges to send scores to. You can always send the scores after you see them, though it costs $9 or so per time.

broken tibula

mostly sleeping
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2008
Hoggy Warty Hogwarts
Status
Pre-Medical
You can take it as many times as you want. Most colleges are cool, and go with your highest score. Very few colleges let you mix match sub scores though. I think its best to take it as many times as you can, if your score keeps increasing.
Which colleges let you? I wasn't aware there were any--I wish I had! I could have gone back and retaken the ACT and just focused on the English section... :p

glowworm

inching along
10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2008
oklahoma
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Which colleges let you? I wasn't aware there were any--I wish I had! I could have gone back and retaken the ACT and just focused on the English section... :p
um..Iv'e only heard of one or two that scuperscore your ACT sections, and I'm sorry but i have no clue what they were.:(

About the Ads