am I allowed to take the ACT as many times as I would like?

OoOoO

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
or do they start averaging it out?

Members don't see this ad.

You can take it as many times as you want. Most colleges are cool, and go with your highest score. Very few colleges let you mix match sub scores though. I think its best to take it as many times as you can, if your score keeps increasing.

Yes%20We%20Can.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, I believe the ACT gives you score report choice-you only send colleges the scores you want to, and they never know about the other ones. So if you don't think you did as well on a test as you want to, don't list any colleges to send scores to. You can always send the scores after you see them, though it costs $9 or so per time.

You can take it as many times as you want. Most colleges are cool, and go with your highest score. Very few colleges let you mix match sub scores though. I think its best to take it as many times as you can, if your score keeps increasing.

Which colleges let you? I wasn't aware there were any--I wish I had! I could have gone back and retaken the ACT and just focused on the English section... :p

Which colleges let you? I wasn't aware there were any--I wish I had! I could have gone back and retaken the ACT and just focused on the English section... :p

um..Iv'e only heard of one or two that scuperscore your ACT sections, and I'm sorry but i have no clue what they were.:(

Loyola is one of them.