Am I being crazy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

physiogirl2019

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished up my sophomore year. My cumulative is now a 3.84 and science is 3.75. I am mostly happy with my grades (4.0ed both gen chems, both basic biologies, and both orgos), but I am going nuts because I got a B in my organismal biology lab. I bombed a lab exam the day I was at the peak of the flu (went to urgent care ASAP after the exam), which definitely is the reason why I ended up with a B. I know I probably sound overdramatic, but is this a big deal or should I forget about it and move on? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The answer to question you posed is almost always a resounding Yes! You are being crazy. Let it go and keep a GPA greater than 3.7 and you should be fine. I garuntee no one will give two #$_&s about organismal biology lab.

Reactions: 2 users
The answer to question you posed is almost always a resounding Yes! You are being crazy. Let it go and keep a GPA greater than 3.7 and you should be fine. I garuntee no one will give two #$_&s about organismal biology lab.
you are godsend. i just needed someone to tell me to calm down. can't complain to my friends because no one is pre-med/understands the crazy!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
It's definitely not a big deal. I know grades seem so important in undergrad and while they obviously are for med school admission, I feel like we all stress about them way too much. Keep your GPA around where it is and you'll be in a great place. I got accepted to several med schools and had multiple Bs on my transcript...just keep chugging and try your best to get As but realize it's not the end of the world if you don't.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh lord please calm down and definitely do not complain to your friends lol.

thanks everyone! yeah, i realize that i sound like a nutjob....

I just finished up my sophomore year. My cumulative is now a 3.84 and science is 3.75. I am mostly happy with my grades (4.0ed both gen chems, both basic biologies, and both orgos), but I am going nuts because I got a B in my organismal biology lab. I bombed a lab exam the day I was at the peak of the flu (went to urgent care ASAP after the exam), which definitely is the reason why I ended up with a B. I know I probably sound overdramatic, but is this a big deal or should I forget about it and move on? Thanks!
You're not being crazy, but yes, you are being a perfectionist. Adcoms do not like this personality type.

Let it go.

Reactions: 5 users
Sounds like a clinical vignette for obsessive compulsive personality disorder. I don't think being that way is crazy per se, but that sort of perspective is only going to cause you problems (psychological and physical) going forward in this field. At some point, things are not going to go your way and you will have trouble coping with it when it does.

Someone needs that J ASAP...