Am I competitive enough for a top 25 pharm school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mercedesbenzene1995

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I know a lot of people post this, but I'm curious as well to know how competitive my stats are. I'm looking to get into (at least) a top 25 school. Probably UTHSC or even better if possible.

I have a 3.8 overall GPA (Biology major)
I got an 86 on the PCAT with a 92 on the chemistry section
I have been working in the VA hospital for 100+ hours getting hands-on patient care hours as well as pharmacy experience.
I will most likely be getting a rec letter from an associate dean at UTHSC (she interviewed me already)
I'm not in any positions of leadership however, and I did get a C+ in orgo II, but overall pretty good grades. I'm also working on getting a rec letter from a professor- but not sure how great it will be because I feel like she doesn't know me all that well at all.

Any thoughts??

Members don't see this ad.

Your stats are great! You'll definitely get into a top 10 school. Just have a response ready if the school asks about the C+ in Organic II. Also try to get a letter of recommendation from a pharmacist.
Good luck applying!

Your stats are great! You'll definitely get into a top 10 school. Just have a response ready if the school asks about the C+ in Organic II. Also try to get a letter of recommendation from a pharmacist.
Good luck applying!
Thank you for the advice! I'll definitely do both of those things :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I know a lot of people post this, but I'm curious as well to know how competitive my stats are. I'm looking to get into (at least) a top 25 school. Probably UTHSC or even better if possible.

I have a 3.8 overall GPA (Biology major)
I got an 86 on the PCAT with a 92 on the chemistry section
I have been working in the VA hospital for 100+ hours getting hands-on patient care hours as well as pharmacy experience.
I will most likely be getting a rec letter from an associate dean at UTHSC (she interviewed me already)
I'm not in any positions of leadership however, and I did get a C+ in orgo II, but overall pretty good grades. I'm also working on getting a rec letter from a professor- but not sure how great it will be because I feel like she doesn't know me all that well at all.

Any thoughts??
your stats look great!

Yes; you're definitely competitive. Apply to the well regarded state schools, especially those that are less expensive, and hopefully you will get into your top choice!