Am I competitive enough for a top 25 pharm school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mercedesbenzene1995

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I know a lot of people post this, but I'm curious as well to know how competitive my stats are. I'm looking to get into (at least) a top 25 school. Probably UTHSC or even better if possible.

I have a 3.8 overall GPA (Biology major)
I got an 86 on the PCAT with a 92 on the chemistry section
I have been working in the VA hospital for 100+ hours getting hands-on patient care hours as well as pharmacy experience.
I will most likely be getting a rec letter from an associate dean at UTHSC (she interviewed me already)
I'm not in any positions of leadership however, and I did get a C+ in orgo II, but overall pretty good grades. I'm also working on getting a rec letter from a professor- but not sure how great it will be because I feel like she doesn't know me all that well at all.

Any thoughts??
 
Your stats are great! You'll definitely get into a top 10 school. Just have a response ready if the school asks about the C+ in Organic II. Also try to get a letter of recommendation from a pharmacist.
Good luck applying!
 
Your stats are great! You'll definitely get into a top 10 school. Just have a response ready if the school asks about the C+ in Organic II. Also try to get a letter of recommendation from a pharmacist.
Good luck applying!
Thank you for the advice! I'll definitely do both of those things 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I know a lot of people post this, but I'm curious as well to know how competitive my stats are. I'm looking to get into (at least) a top 25 school. Probably UTHSC or even better if possible.

I have a 3.8 overall GPA (Biology major)
I got an 86 on the PCAT with a 92 on the chemistry section
I have been working in the VA hospital for 100+ hours getting hands-on patient care hours as well as pharmacy experience.
I will most likely be getting a rec letter from an associate dean at UTHSC (she interviewed me already)
I'm not in any positions of leadership however, and I did get a C+ in orgo II, but overall pretty good grades. I'm also working on getting a rec letter from a professor- but not sure how great it will be because I feel like she doesn't know me all that well at all.

Any thoughts??
your stats look great!
 
Yes; you're definitely competitive. Apply to the well regarded state schools, especially those that are less expensive, and hopefully you will get into your top choice!