Am I fit for dentistry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iry9526

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am currently in my clinical years. Since Day 1 I am always worried about practical skills and hoping that I would survive this school. I managed to enter clinical years but I still feel that I am not good enough for dentistry. I am lacking of the skill and the artistic part of dentistry. My last restoration was bad. I am shaking like hell when giving LA and even worst my patient is mean to me! :( I keep thinking bout this and no one would understand my situation. This makes me feel very unmotivated. Any advice on how can I improve?

Members don't see this ad.

don't give up and keep trying! practice is key. I was in the same situation as you and it does get very frustrating at times but with practice and patience comes massive improvements. Try not to compare yourself with other students and focus on yourself and practice day and night. It will come to you in time! best of luck

don't give up and keep trying! practice is key. I was in the same situation as you and it does get very frustrating at times but with practice and patience comes massive improvements. Try not to compare yourself with other students and focus on yourself and practice day and night. It will come to you in time! best of luck
Thank you for the kind words. May I know what did u do to improve yourself? and any practices outside clinic time tht u do?