Am I getting a good deal on 2015 DAT Destroyer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iamapotato

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi this is my first post, so forgive me if format is wrong. Someone is selling their 2015 DAT Destroyer & Math Destroyer for $50. I'm not sure if that is a good deal or if I am getting screwed over. I also didn't know who to ask. lol. Thanks in advance for the advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi this is my first post, so forgive me if format is wrong. Someone is selling their 2015 DAT Destroyer & Math Destroyer for $50. I'm not sure if that is a good deal or if I am getting screwed over. I also didn't know who to ask. lol. Thanks in advance for the advice!
I'd say that's a great deal lol. I paid $110 for DAT destroyer alone.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
Price is better, but I'm not sure if its the best idea to go with an older version. I'm not a DAT historian, but the format tends to change a little bit every year, so if you really want to be on the safer side, I'd say go with the newest version--still cheaper than retaking the DAT :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Price is better, but I'm not sure if its the best idea to go with an older version. I'm not a DAT historian, but the format tends to change a little bit every year, so if you really want to be on the safer side, I'd say go with the newest version--still cheaper than retaking the DAT :)

I totally agree. The math destroyer will be completely useless. It will have a lot of geometry and trig and you'll probably only see a few of those on the exam. Also, it will not have any QC questions, which is basically half of the math questions. Just pay additional $150 and get the newest one. Don't let small amounts of money screw you up for life.

I totally agree. The math destroyer will be completely useless. It will have a lot of geometry and trig and you'll probably only see a few of those on the exam. Also, it will not have any QC questions, which is basically half of the math questions. Just pay additional $150 and get the newest one. Don't let small amounts of money screw you up for life.
I bought a 2017 DAT Destroyer this past summer and it didn’t have any of the new updated questions. It was still a good refresher for several of the word problems, but I used DAT Bootcamp for the new style of question.

Thanks everyone for the advice! I am going to go ahead and buy the 2015 books. The $150 probably doesn't seem a lot, but it does to me. I don't have a lot of money, but I will study harder to make up for it!

I bought a 2017 DAT Destroyer this past summer and it didn’t have any of the new updated questions. It was still a good refresher for several of the word problems, but I used DAT Bootcamp for the new style of question.
Did you also use Chad's videos?

I actually dont agree with the above posts. I had initially bought the 2013 version and after reading many posts like the those above that were saying to get the newer version, i got scared and bought the 2017 version. Now that I have both, i can tell u that they're practically the same, just the the new one has some extra problems. So like for example, the bio sections of the 2013 one had about 400 questions, whereas the 2017 one had about 600 questions. So all i can tell u is that if ur on a budget, i think u can still buy the older version and be confident u have the resources u need to succeed. I wish someone had told me that... Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
regardless, best of luck with the test :thumbup::thumbup:

I actually dont agree with the above posts. I had initially bought the 2013 version and after reading many posts like the those above that were saying to get the newer version, i got scared and bought the 2017 version. Now that I have both, i can tell u that they're practically the same, just the the new one has some extra problems. So like for example, the bio sections of the 2013 one had about 400 questions, whereas the 2017 one had about 600 questions. So all i can tell u is that if ur on a budget, i think u can still buy the older version and be confident u have the resources u need to succeed. I wish someone had told me that... Good luck!
Thank you! I really needed to hear that. I started to have anxiety after going through many posts about this subject.

Yeah, I had the 2017 ones too. Orgoman said that he will be changing up the math destroyer for the 2018 one.

You basically just need Bootcamp. Mikes videos on there cover general chemistry and organic chemistry. For bio you need cliff notes, 3rd edition which you could find online. Math just do the practice exams. And for PAT just do the generators on BC. If you want a more in depth response of the material you need, look at my breakdown ---> DAT BREAKDOWN 22AA/22TS

I did. I don’t like Mike’s video’s on Bootcamp. Chad’s are easier for me to understand and relate to.

I used the 2015 DAT destroyer to study for the orgo, gen chem, and bio section. it was still pretty on point and i did very well in those sections. i'd say math has changed a bit in terms of format but a lot of the content is the same.

I used the 2016 version of destroyer to study for my DAT this August and it worked like a charm... I'm not sure if there is a significant difference between the 2015 and 2016 versions, but if there isn't (which is likely the case), you should save your money and stick to the 2015 version.

echoing what others have said, the destroyer should definitely be fine for the sciences (orgo, gen chem, and bio)--rather than worrying about what version you have I would worry more about whether you are able to get through all of the science questions and understand all the concepts, that's the harder part when it comes to the destroyer imo. but DAT Bootcamp is definitely the most helpful for QR, PAT, and RC! Especially QR lol, I think Bootcamp is the only program that can prepare you for the new QR section. Best of luck!

Hi everyone, little update. I bought the books. The DAT Destroyer is actually the 2016 version. I definitely think I got a great deal!

Lol, I used the dat 2009 version and it was fine....