Am I going crazy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dwigt

Assistant^RegionalManager
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, the obvious answer is yes. But my real question is about Cornell pre-reqs. I could have sworn that I saw somewhere on their admissions site that at least 3 hours of english had to be taken at college (no AP, CLEP, etc.). Since I met my university english requirements through AP credit, I enrolled in a literature class for next semester to meet Cornell's requirement. However, now that I am looking at their site again, I can't find where it says that. Either they changed it within the last month, or else I am losing my mind...

Members don't see this ad.

FrogDoc07 said:
Well, the obvious answer is yes. But my real question is about Cornell pre-reqs. I could have sworn that I saw somewhere on their admissions site that at least 3 hours of english had to be taken at college (no AP, CLEP, etc.). Since I met my university english requirements through AP credit, I enrolled in a literature class for next semester to meet Cornell's requirement. However, now that I am looking at their site again, I can't find where it says that. Either they changed it within the last month, or else I am losing my mind...

In the words of Gnarles Barkley, "Possibly!"

In all seriousness, the MSAR doesn't address this so I can't help you.

FrogDoc07 said:

I remember seeing that for some school... not sure if it was Cornell, but that was one of the ones on my list...

They do say this in the FAQ... maybe that's what you remember:

Do you accept AP credits for prerequisites?
We do accept AP credits for prerequisites. However, for English we require that you take one additional semester. For biology and chemistry, we recommend that you take two additional semesters of an advanced college-level course.

mvenus929 said:
I remember seeing that for some school... not sure if it was Cornell, but that was one of the ones on my list...

They do say this in the FAQ... maybe that's what you remember:

Do you accept AP credits for prerequisites?
We do accept AP credits for prerequisites. However, for English we require that you take one additional semester. For biology and chemistry, we recommend that you take two additional semesters of an advanced college-level course.
Excellent, thank you for finding this. I guess I've been awake too long to do a decent job searching myself.
Not "searching myself", but you know...
It's good to know that I won't be taking Intro to Shakespeare for nothing.

Now that that is settled, anyone know if they care if I take it pass/fail?