Am I just over worrying about grades?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Staystronger

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does it look bad for me as a senior in college and with a Business degree to receive a A in Organic chemistry lecture, it's 3 credit hours. Then a C in lab that's 2 hours. I feel so mad at myself as its not my 1st C in Lab. I'm terribly worried the schools I apply too next year will decline me because of it. I also had to retake 4 courses over as I hadn't made my mind up what I really wanted to do with my life and just didn't go to class or study then. I received mostly B's in the retakes and a few A's and worked so hard to get there. I had an overall GPA of a 2.9 then and not sure about after the retakes.

As well, if I have another D, should I just retake it before I apply to pharmacy school or will that lower my chance if I'm taking it next fall.

I think I'm just worrying myself. Thanks for replying!
 
Does it look bad for me as a senior in college and with a Business degree to receive a A in Organic chemistry lecture, it's 3 credit hours. Then a C in lab that's 2 hours. I feel so mad at myself as its not my 1st C in Lab. I'm terribly worried the schools I apply too next year will decline me because of it. I also had to retake 4 courses over as I hadn't made my mind up what I really wanted to do with my life and just didn't go to class or study then. I received mostly B's in the retakes and a few A's and worked so hard to get there. I had an overall GPA of a 2.9 then and not sure about after the retakes.

As well, if I have another D, should I just retake it before I apply to pharmacy school or will that lower my chance if I'm taking it next fall.

I think I'm just worrying myself. Thanks for replying!

I got C's in all my organic chem lectures and labs too, and I received interviews to every school I applied to so far. And for the interviews i've attended, i've gotten accepted to all of them, including university of minnesota and suny buffalo to name a few. I would retake any pre-req courses that you received a D in though
 
I got C's in all my organic chem lectures and labs too, and I received interviews to every school I applied to so far. And for the interviews i've attended, i've gotten accepted to all of them, including university of minnesota and suny buffalo to name a few. I would retake any pre-req courses that you received a D in though

do you mind sharing stats? I would say to retake classes you got C's in, but idk. you got in to pharmacy school, i havent yet lol.
 
do you mind sharing stats? I would say to retake classes you got C's in, but idk. you got in to pharmacy school, i havent yet lol.

Agreed. Please do share your stats because as prospective pharmacy students we need every glimmer of hope we can get! :luck: