Am I missing something here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dude, I would join that group in a heartbeat! :laugh:

Ask and it shall be granted. The group now exists (as much as possible...there's a limit to name length). Have fun. ;)

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=118044301566935http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=121871901168613

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's just psychology man. People lower on the totem pole need a release for pent up inferiority. I'm sure if those nurses could click their heels and become physicians, they'd do so in a heartbeat. And it wouldn't be because they think they'll now be able to accidentally start killing patients.

But alas they can't, they are relegated to nursing. So let them play their games while the big boys look from afar and chuckle at how cute they are.

[sarcasm]
You'll make a great doctor. You've already got the superiority complex of one.
[/sarcasm]

Seriously? Why is this even posted? Everyone knows the doctor stereotypes, and so what is nurses poke fun at you? Pharmacists poke fun at you too, and know that usually you don't have a clue when it comes to drugs in patient therapy. (That's why we're down in the basement, and you get to take credit for curing the hospital patient... that's why you spend 15 minutes with the patient and give them a 'script, and we have to spend the next year with that retail patient complaining about how the med works, doesn't work, or costs too much) ;)

[sarcasm]
[/sarcasm]

Seriously? Why is this even posted? Everyone knows the doctor stereotypes, and so what is nurses poke fun at you? Pharmacists poke fun at you too, and know that usually you don't have a clue when it comes to drugs in patient therapy. (That's why we're down in the basement, and you get to take credit for curing the hospital patient... that's why you spend 15 minutes with the patient and give them a 'script, and we have to spend the next year with that retail patient complaining about how the med works, doesn't work, or costs too much) ;)

You should write a book on sounding secure. Maybe you'll have time to work on it ... in the basement.

[sarcasm]
[/sarcasm]

After my first interaction with a pharmacist, it was all downhill from there: excuse me, ma'am...could you tell me where the yogurt is?

I'm scared of the fury it would spark if I joined this group.

Exactly. The creator of the group couldn't even man up and put his own identity, so why would anyone want to join?

The Nurses thing is not a group, it's a shirt made by the sarcasmshop. Did y'all even read the origin of the shirt? Just in case...

BE KIND TO NURSES. We keep doctors from accidentally killing you. Many years ago I knew a CCRN who told me some stories and said how a big part of her job was to keep the doctors from accidentally killing the patients. When I started my t-shirt biz The Sarcasm Shop in 2005 I used that statement as the basis for the saying. This is by far the no.1 seller so that's why I continued the medical theme. May Anderson was the CCRN and she would be 47 now. She might even be a doctor. If anyone know her please tell her to contact me. There's a free shirt in it for you, lol!

The person who made it is not a nurse, he's a businessman. And a good one, seeing the business he's probably drummed up for himself. I bet if you submitted a shirt idea to sarcasmshop, he'd probably put that shirt up, too.

I'm scared of the fury it would spark if I joined this group.

Exactly. The creator of the group couldn't even man up and put his own identity, so why would anyone want to join?

Exactly. However the anonymity is not a matter of "manning up" rather a matter of it being *****ic to use one's real identity to create such a group just because of the fact that there would be those overly-passionate people who would join to bash one way or the other, and the person listed as the creator would most likely catch the brunt of said outrage--who has the time to deal with that if the group actually gained some steam? Mostly I just wanted to draw the picture anyway...

How dare you mock me

mean-nurse.jpg