Am I officially insane?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ragzpie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I just got in to my first choice school. As soon as I got the letter, I quickly filled out the "application info" form that had to be submitted within two weeks. I used USPS and overnighted it. I just tracked the package and found out that no one was in the office to sign for it, so the post office took it back and left them a note. Now, I'm freaking out that I'm going to lose my spot because the office won't receive my note in time...

Aaaargh...When am I going to stop being so neurotic...

Members don't see this ad.

Take a deep breath. The office will get your letter by Monday, so everything will be okay. And if you did this right away, the two weeks probably hasn't elapsed, right? And assuming it has, a day or two here and there is not going to make a big difference. Say you track it monday night and it still hasn't been delivered, you could just call up the admissions office on Tuesday and let them know the situation. They're not going to withdraw your admission if your letter comes in a couple of days late.

CONGRATS on getting in and good luck!

You can call them and tell them they can expect your acceptance, but that there's been some delay. I had this experience (well, different but same -- the acceptance letter was delivered to my neighbor, who was on vacation, so I didn't get it and couldn't fill out the forms!). Basically, once I informed them of the situation, they were very flexible and knew to hold the spot.

Anka

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering something similar. What if you sent a deposit check to reserve a place in a class and quickly forgot about it cause you had more interviews and were expecting to get in somewhere else. You then find out that you didn't get in anywhere else so you fall back on that first school except they tell you that they never got your check and you've lost your space.

I wonder if that's ever happened to anyone.

Alexander99, I'm sure that's happened to someone...Talk about my worst nightmare...

Anka and Taleof50, thanks so much for the advice. I'm going to call them on Monday. I do have one more week to get to them...I just might have to ask them to send me another form if this one is lost.

Thanks again everyone!! I dunno what I'd do without SDN!

Mythili....

I'm sure it won't be that big of a deal. The Pitt admissions office seems really cool and understanding. I'll be mailing my info in on Monday, regular mail, and it should still get there plenty early. Relax and enjoy the acceptance!

Relax!!!!!! We Premeds are the most obsessive bunch of people on the planet. They'll get the letter on Monday, and if they don't, just give them a call. Enjoy yourself, you just got accepted to your top school. Be happy and don't ruin your fun by worrying about details. Congrats.

I abhor USPS. I can't say that enough.