Am I scre**d?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
X

X

I was just looking through the packet they gave at USC. I know the FAFSA deadline is March 2nd...but the USC packet says that it must be filed by Feb. 15 so they recieve it by Feb 28th. I haven't filed it yet....AM I JUST Screwed? Anyone know how USC works on this...I am freaking out here:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

X

Members don't see this ad.

I got a letter from UW on the 13th that told me to get mine in by the 15th also. Fortunately, I remembered the deadline from last year and already planned on this. But more importantly, the form says that it needs to be in to the FAFSA processing center on or before February 28th. So, I figure if you electronically submit it in the next few days you'll be more than fine. Mine was processed in one day and my SAR report was viewable online. Good luck.

I'm confused. How can anyone have their 2002 income tax returns filed so soon already? If I don't have it finished yet, can I still fill out the FAFSA?

Members don't see this ad :)
So in other words, I might just be screwed. I can't submit FAFSA until I get a pin from FAFSA...that will take at least another few days. Even still, what are the chances that USC will look at this after their deadline?

What do people who have not yet received an interview and will end up being accepted to USC suppose to do - do they just not get aid for the first year??????

Anyone know?

X

Taking the PIN will probably take a little while - I think mine too about a week to arrive. But I wouldn't worry too much - I bet you'll qualify for all the same need-based financial aid as long as you get your stuff in by the start of classes. They can't screw people out of that much money just because they were accepted late or off the waitlist.

Doing your taxes early can be difficult if your employer(s) haven't given you your W2s yet (aren't the supposed to get those out very soon?). But you can estimate things for the purposes of the FAFSA I believe.

You know there is a financial aid forum here at SDN? See http://www.studentdoctor.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=30