Am I screwed for surgery?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

This is great news! Could you share how many interviews you received?
If you go back and read earlier in the thread he had 10 (with a an 11th but was having scheduling conflicts.)

This is why we need a write up hahaha. So much great info from his cycle that would be a huge benefit.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll consider a write up!

I managed to secure 11+ interviews which did include some prelim as well.

What saved me I think was:

1.) Auditions

2.) BROADLY applying - I'm talking 175+ apps

This is what I had to do though. I was the weakest applicant among everyone in my class who matched surgery, but there is more than 1 way to reach Rome.
 
175! respect and RIP your bank account. happy for you and agree with others, sharing insights into your cycle would undoubtedly be useful for future applicants if you have the inclination to write about it.