Am I screwed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

screwedpremed999

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was looking over my application and saw that I forgot to include the word "to" in one of my Work & Activities description sentences. There were no other typos. Will that hurt my chances of getting into medical school?

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
What a silly question... do you really think the ADCOMs decision will come down to the word "to"?

@learningcurve1 But they could think that I didn't "proofread enough" (which I did and even had someone else look over my application).
I also heard horror stories of applicants who didn't even get interviews due to typos on their application.

Members don't see this ad :)
@learningcurve1 But they could think that I didn't "proofread enough" (which I did and even had someone else look over my application).
I also heard horror stories of applicants who didn't even get interviews due to typos on their application.
How do you know it was "due to" the typos? Also, one typo is a different story than many. You'll be fine.

Reactions: 1 user
I had plenty of typos in my applications on both cycles and still got plenty of interviews. They aren’t scrutinizing to the extent that you think.

It is best not to look at your application after you have submitted it for these reasons.

Reactions: 2 users