Am I that late in the cycle?

Started by plusalpha
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

plusalpha

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My parents are FREAKING out because I haven't e-submitted my app yet even two weeks after the application opened (still finishing up my PS....will submit by next week at the latest). I kinda understand them because I have less than stellar stats (low 3.1 oGPA, good DAT 25AA) and they think that over the two weeks I have begun to lose the advantage of an early applicant. I know that earlier is always better, but did I really lose a lot of the advantage that I could have gotten had I submitted earlier? I thought submitting in June-July is still quite early....
 
I had the same anxiety last year. I was in the third batch, and I was told repeatedly that the first five or so batches are all pretty much considered equally.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My parents are FREAKING out because I haven't e-submitted my app yet even two weeks after the application opened (still finishing up my PS....will submit by next week at the latest). I kinda understand them because I have less than stellar stats (low 3.1 oGPA, good DAT 25AA) and they think that over the two weeks I have begun to lose the advantage of an early applicant. I know that earlier is always better, but did I really lose a lot of the advantage that I could have gotten had I submitted earlier? I thought submitting in June-July is still quite early....
If the only thing you're waiting on is your PS, you're fine. If you still haven't gotten all your LoRs and transcripts in yet.... Yeah, you're losing precious time.