Am I the only one who applied to Creighton?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gdbaby

Prettier than before
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Come on guys! Omaha is the New York of the Midwest after Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Louis, Kansas City and possibly Des Moines! Really, am I the only one who applied here? Is there something I should know?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied there as well and like pretty much everyone else, I have yet to hear anything eitehr way. It seems like they're taking their sweet time. You should know that my roommate applied there last year, didn't get interviewed until late Dec/early Jan and got accepted, so me thinks we have time! I hope!

I applied....I 've heard really good things about the undergrad....less about the med school.... but everyone I've talked to in the office has been really nice. However....I have yet to hear if I'm invited for an interview or not. You're one step ahead gdbaby! :)

About being an epicenter of the midwest......hmmmm......let me think about that....

Members don't see this ad :)
Ashanti Rock said:
About being an epicenter of the midwest......hmmmm......let me think about that....
Maybe it only gets the geographic kudos! It's about damn near in the middle of the US!

Good to see I'm not alone.

BTW: I read in the interview feedback that everyone who gets an interview is either accepted or waitlisted! So here's to hoping for many interview invites. :luck:

I'm interviewing on Dec. 2nd. I'm strangely excited to visit Omaha. My friends think I am nuts.

I haven't heard a word except for an email telling me I was complete back in September.

trishaaa said:
I'm interviewing on Dec. 2nd. I'm strangely excited to visit Omaha. My friends think I am nuts.
Trishaaa, please PM me after your interview. I am going on the 9th. Are you staying with a student?

gdbaby said:
BTW: I read in the interview feedback that everyone who gets an interview is either accepted or waitlisted! So here's to hoping for many interview invites. :luck:

that is 100% incorrect.

nah. I applied there last year and never heard word one from them after "complete". Not even a rejection letter. I figured there just wasn't a point to try there again.

gdbaby said:
Trishaaa, please PM me after your interview. I am going on the 9th. Are you staying with a student?

yeah, i'm staying w/ a student.

will you remind me to PM you? i don't frequent this site enough to remember.

ShyRem said:
nah. I applied there last year and never heard word one from them after "complete". Not even a rejection letter. I figured there just wasn't a point to try there again.
Shy, maybe they kept your application for this round? :p Okay, not that funny. Is the Christmas village completely constructed yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
trishaaa said:
trishaaaa!!! Are you cheating on me with another school?? You too GD?? Who is going to study with me in Chicago at a quaint little coffee shop in Oak Park if you are in OMAFRIGGINHA??

Don't worry, I have drafted letters withdrawing your applications for you, I just need your AAMC ID numbers, please PM me with those numbers so I can sent these off.

Flopotomist said:
trishaaaa!!! Are you cheating on me with another school?? You too GD?? Who is going to study with me in Chicago at a quaint little coffee shop in Oak Park if you are in OMAFRIGGINHA??

Don't worry, I have drafted letters withdrawing your applications for you, I just need your AAMC ID numbers, please PM me with those numbers so I can sent these off.
HAAAA! I had already declared another SDNer as the funniest person of the day, but I may have to take away his title since he is not living up to the responsiblities it holds. You, Flopotomist, are the "Funniest SDNer of the Day."

Here's to hoping I am sipping cider (the non-alcoholic kind M-F 8-5pm) and studying biochem in Oak Park. An interview would help that along--could you draft a few letters of interest for me while you're at it?

Flopotomist said:

Damn it! I hate getting caught cheating!

Well, even though I love Loyola dearly, I can't pass up opportunities to interview at other schools. And, c'mon, I've never been to Nebraska! I will be declining all interviews in 2006, though. By then I will be completely out of money. :(

Flopotomist said:

haha...you are friggin hilarious. don't worry, at least you still got me at loyola. while i also applied to creighton, i have no intention of pursuing them any longer after my loyola acceptance. and, after all, i did spend the first 20 years of my life living in oak park...so i think my decision was made long ago :)

enjoy your mail this evening...i hope it comes tonight, because i've been checking sdn for your acceptance more often than i'm checking my own mail lately it seems... :laugh:

jbrice1639 said:
haha...you are friggin hilarious. don't worry, at least you still got me at loyola. while i also applied to creighton, i have no intention of pursuing them any longer after my loyola acceptance. and, after all, i did spend the first 20 years of my life living in oak park...so i think my decision was made long ago :)

enjoy your mail this evening...i hope it comes tonight, because i've been checking sdn for your acceptance more often than i'm checking my own mail lately it seems... :laugh:
didn't come today.. boo.. OK jbrice, here is the plan.. we stuff trishaaaa into the trunk of your car and lock her in the basement so she can't escape until after Creighton fills up. I mean with a name with that many vowels, she HAS to go to Loyola just so I can scream her name out in the cafeteria.. oh wait.. step one: Flop gets accepted... step TWO: scream out trishaaaaaaaaaa in the cafeteria.

I have interview at creighton coming up this week. The school was pretty quick with the turn around of my app. I am staying with a student, i'll let you guys know how everything goes.
good luck
stansbury

Flopotomist said:
didn't come today.. boo.. OK jbrice, here is the plan.. we stuff trishaaaa into the trunk of your car and lock her in the basement so she can't escape until after Creighton fills up. I mean with a name with that many vowels, she HAS to go to Loyola just so I can scream her name out in the cafeteria.. oh wait.. step one: Flop gets accepted... step TWO: scream out trishaaaaaaaaaa in the cafeteria.
Flop, I am taking away your title of Funniest SDNer for not throwing me in the trunk of jbrice's car.

however, here is my new theory on your acceptance: you will be called by one of your interviewers, it is just that right now that person is trapped under something heavy.

stansbury said:
I have interview at creighton coming up this week. The school was pretty quick with the turn around of my app. I am staying with a student, i'll let you guys know how everything goes.
good luck
stansbury
Back at you stansbury! :thumbup:

gdbaby said:
Flop, I am taking away your title of Funniest SDNer for not throwing me in the trunk of jbrice's car.

however, here is my new theory on your acceptance: you will be called by one of your interviewers, it is just that right now that person is trapped under something heavy.
ahhh. the interviewer trapped under something heavy (I-TUSH) theory. A classic. Fear not though, if you, trishaaaaaaa and I are all at loyola, I vow to also scream out Barbaraaaaaa in the cafeteria.

A friend of mine from high school goes there. He's probably the only guy from Arkansas at Creighton. He applied in, like, February and managed to convince them to let him in anyway. Smart guy, but he's got a history of running late. :)

Flopotomist said:

Flop, you and I are going to be best friends at Loyola. I know it :)

(P.S.- Sorry to everyone who came on here expecting to read about Creighton! I'll tell you more about it once I get out of this trunk...)

trishaaa said:
Flop, you and I are going to be best friends at Loyola. I know it :)

(P.S.- Sorry to everyone who came on here expecting to read about Creighton! I'll tell you more about it once I get out of this trunk...)

my apologies to everyone as well...it's a big trunk so it may take a while... :laugh:

trishaaa, you and GD have totally tricked me into reading this thread about a school that I am not even applying to lol. When we start school, is there an SDNers anonymous to help us move past this addiction?

Flopotomist said:
trishaaa, you and GD have totally tricked me into reading this thread about a school that I am not even applying to lol. When we start school, is there an SDNers anonymous to help us move past this addiction?

I'm a mental health counselor at an addictions facility. I can help you out ;)

trishaaa said:
I'm a mental health counselor at an addictions facility. I can help you out ;)

I'm totally wavering on whether I would go to Loyola or not, but you guys are tipping the scales towards Loyola! :laugh:

titoincali said:
I'm totally wavering on whether I would go to Loyola or not, but you guys are tipping the scales towards Loyola! :laugh:
tito - we can throw you in that trunk too if need be!

titoincali said:

hmmm...i wonder if there's a recruiting fee that could be applied as a credit towards tuition....

jbrice1639 said:
hmmm...i wonder if there's a recruiting fee that could be applied as a credit towards tuition....
If there is, you might need a bigger trunk.

Christmas village not done yet, gd. Only have two skating rinks, a toy factory, a firehouse, a ballroom, and a treehouse out so far. Still have about 25 more houses to unpack. He's working on it slowly. I, meanwhile, have baked lumberjack cookies today (rather like a dark molassas-y lightly spiced gingerbread). Tomorrow are mint snaps (chocolate peppermint cookies) and sugar crackled cookies. I love the smell of baking cookies! It's definitely lifting my spirits in this time of being ignored by medical schools. :D

I've also been complete at Creighton for a while and haven't heard anything yet.

I been complete at Creighton since the summer and haven't heard anyting yet. :(

I applied with a 3.5/30. How about everyone else?

Those bastards...just reject me already and lets party. :D

Talpa said:

Yes, but 3.4/30 here, so I'm not really surprised.

Creighton Creighton...I have applied to you and responded promptly to your requests, yet you do not contact me for an interview. I am likely to interpret your delay as non-enthusiasm to have me at your school. That is OK, other schools are enthused. Including Loyola. I think this thread has officially changed to the "i love loyola" thread! Guys, I'm debating as well at this point between loyola and another school I've been accepted at, and you are definitely tilting the teeter-totter toward loyola! I still have to see on financials cuz that school certainly isn't cheap, but I did love it!

Talpa said:

3.45/30. Similar to yours.

I applied and was completed early September. Heard nothing back. Damn. This was the school I rejected as an undergrad---you think they're still pissed off about that? :D

I want to think Creighton's just slow, but I'm afraid it may be me they don't like. :(

NonTradMed said:
I applied and was completed early September. Heard nothing back. Damn. This was the school I rejected as an undergrad---you think they're still pissed off about that? :D

I want to think Creighton's just slow, but I'm afraid it may be me they don't like. :(
I think they may be slow. There are only 2 interview feedbacks posted and it sounds like many people are starting to interview in December and January.

FYI: My interview is 12/9. I applied with a 3.7/28, Medical Anthropology PhD.