am i the only one without interviews???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poloace

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
is anyone else still waiting for their first interview :confused: ??
this stuff can be depressing.
p

Members don't see this ad.

yeah, i hear you.
it definitely sux

oh god, 82 views and no one else waiting? that doesn't make me feel very good... :(

anyway, I shouldn't really be "waiting" for interviews, considering I still have most of my secondaries sitting on my desk! acckkk!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hang in there guys, its still rather early in the interviewing season.

Wallie, I don't want to seem harsh, but you should get off your behind and complete those secondaries now!

Y'all in good compeny, ye hea?

Well, that's assuming I make good company. I keep hoping and praying that my interview will arrive in the mail soon.....but alas, I keep getting silly notifications from schools that my file is complete. At this point, I am keeping my standards really low...say...it's GOOD news if a letter from a school is NOT a rejection. Anything else, they can bring on.

Originally posted by Tweetie_bird
Y'all in good compeny, ye hea?

Well, that's assuming I make good company.

of course you do :) and yes, I'de agree, I think there are lots of people who haven't heard any good news yet, me included.

no interviews here either. but that may have something to do with the fact that my LOR's are going out at the end of this week according to my pre-health com?? :eek: eek... and i'm still working on some secondaries :( *kicking myself in the ass*

no interviews here.
still waiting for that stanford pre-secondary rejection. where is it?!

ok, my suggestion to you rae is do the easy ones first. I think I must have done like 5 or 6 easy ones in the same day. that will make you feel better and soon you'll be on your way to doing teh harder ones much faster.

I have another suggestion--I knew early on that I would need a master file with all my essays together, so i can edit and paste stuff back and forth as needed. You have no idea how much that helped me. So, make a list of all your schools, and make a separate word file with essays from each school written IN that soft copy. As you have free time, all you need to do is go to that specific file and start typing. It really makes things much easier. My file is now over 30 pages long.

Originally posted by lola
no interviews here.
still waiting for that stanford pre-secondary rejection. where is it?!

Lola, this is the second time I hear you saying this. Why are you specifically waiting for a rejection??? Why not anything else?

actually it's almost got to the painfully humorous stage with me - I am taking Spanish and there are about 7 or 8 pre-meds in my class...and each class the instructor goes round asking what they have been up to and every single one of them says something like "Oh I just interviewed at Baylor, I just interviewed at Duke Medical School, blah blah"...and then she gets to me and asks with this big fake sad look "and any interviews for you?" to which I have to meekly answer every time "no...." :laugh:

no interview here as well.....prolly has something to do with my 7 in verbal

Originally posted by the boy wonder
actually it's almost got to the painfully humorous stage with me - I am taking Spanish and there are about 7 or 8 pre-meds in my class...and each class the instructor goes round asking what they have been up to and every single one of them says something like "Oh I just interviewed at Baylor, I just interviewed at Duke Medical School, blah blah"...and then she gets to me and asks with this big fake sad look "and any interviews for you?" to which I have to meekly answer every time "no...." :laugh:

*i'll* give you an interview! ;) then you'll have an answer! :laugh:

but gawd, that does sound painful. i've often kicked myself for making that lovely mistake of letting people in on the fact that i'm applying this year. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Lola, this is the second time I hear you saying this. Why are you specifically waiting for a rejection??? Why not anything else?

did not get double digits on any section of the mcat so would be very surprised to get a secondary. i still have an ounce of hope, but even if i do get a secondary it will probably lead to a post-secondary rejection. don't really want to go there anyway but would love to stay in cali.

that's pretty sad about your spanish class, the boy wonder! ugh, i'd hate that.

ok, my suggestion to you rae is do the easy ones first. I think I must have done like 5 or 6 easy ones in the same day. that will make you feel better and soon you'll be on your way to doing teh harder ones much faster.

I have another suggestion--I knew early on that I would need a master file with all my essays together, so i can edit and paste stuff back and forth as needed. You have no idea how much that helped me. So, make a list of all your schools, and make a separate word file with essays from each school written IN that soft copy. As you have free time, all you need to do is go to that specific file and start typing. It really makes things much easier. My file is now over 30 pages long.

thanks for the tips tweetie :) sounds like you've got this process perfected to a T ;) good luck!

i guess my applications at most schools were complete in early october- so, i feel like 2 or 3 weeks is plenty of time for a school (at least 1) to invite me for an interview... i feel like shi*. i just hope that there are others out there in the same boat... anyone down to move to texas and get residency???
p

nothing here either.

although my files haven't been complete that long, it's still nerve wrecking...i've been going over my essays a hundred times double guessing myself ("should i have mentioned this? deleted that? hired a professional editor to proofread? donated my inheritance to the school? run my sister over with the family van and then save her life just so i can put it on my personal statement?...etc.) and trying to see what big gaping holes i have in my application.

i hope my recommenders came through for me...and didn't mention that one time in lab when i left the heating pad on overnight and caused a fire...

I'm waiting too--aug mcater. I'm not that superstitious, but maybe posting here will give bring us some good luck! ;)

aug mcater here still waiting too...i must admit it does suck. at least i only have one rejection out of the billion schools that i applied to.

Wallie, I don't want to seem harsh, but you should get off your behind and complete those secondaries now!

Not harsh at all...just the truth, I suppose. Thanks, man! :)

Good luck, all!

No interviews here either. :(

My secondaries have been in for one-four weeks now...so I guess I still have a month to go! I feel a bit sad since all these people have already interviewed...and some even accepted! Why isn't there a smiley spewing out tears?

Anyhow, good luck everybody! What choice do we have but to wait?

BananaSplit

Polace calm down, listen... I also applied to AMCAS early October and just started receiving secondaries... I called AMCAS and they said that it takes up to a month and a half to process the application THUS med schools havn't even gotten a chance to look at it yet...

The people here who have interviews applied in the summer, and therefore had all their applications processed a long long time ago... so I would honestly say wait another month or two or even three.... if you applied in October... it will take a while...

Here in Canada we apply by October 15th and no one gets an interview until March! for real!

Originally posted by BananaSplit
Why isn't there a smiley spewing out tears?

here you go :D

cry2.gif

No interviews here either... My files have been complete since August. Sigh..... Plus, I still haven't gotten my UC secondaries yet!!! Can you say loser? :)

Well, I guess the bright side is that I did get two DO interviews...

Same here, no interviews yet, most files complete in September. No UC secondaries. Am I pessimistic?

August MCATer, no interviews. But my letters just got sent off last week.

don't worry all, half my interviews didn't come until the end of the app season. for many of my classmates, they didn't interview until very late, but they are in med school now.

I'm yet another frustrated person to gripe about not getting an interview! ARG!!!!:mad: I thought I started this application process fairly early on, (Got my AMCAS verified in July) but realized that what held me back were my LORs. The LOR file wasn't complete until early September and it took another couple of weeks for my school's Letter service to process and send them out. Just last week, I started to get "File Complete" messages from schools! In certain cases, my secondaries were at the schools for more than 2 months without LORs. So any of you future applicants reading this post, get your LORs together and submitted early!!!!!! Hi Tweetie and Lola, I remember you gals helping me out way back in July. All we can do now is just be patient.

I'll amen to JZ on the LOR deal. My LORs took way too long....my secondaries at most schools were in by sept and my LORs just got send out Mid Oct. So I am hoping and praying for a miracle (ie. interview at my state school which is a top 10 and has stats incredibly high than what I can offer to them.) :(

I'll amen to JZ on the LOR deal. My LORs took way too long....my secondaries at most schools were in by sept and my LORs just got send out Mid Oct. So I am hoping and praying for a miracle (ie. interview at my state school which is a top 10 and has stats incredibly high than what I can offer to them.) :(

Tweetie, what state do you live in?

I've only got one, and it's not till December. Damn the late MCAT!! Oh well, can't do anything about it. Hang in there people, interviews go into March for a reason, they are still waiting to see us!! ;)

I haven't gotten any either... but I do have two holds (from two UCs)... crap it all!:mad:

still no interviews :(

but I do have one hold for interview....i guess thats consoling

it's still very early though

just an update... - still no interviews :rolleyes:
p

the holds haven't been too consoling to me; i almost feel as if they're soft rejections. :(

alright kids-
29 mcat... sub 3.0 science gpa, 3.06 overall undergrad-
MPH in progress at columbia university-
finally.... i got an invite to vermont for the middle of december. i'm so excted... i feel like i have a chance now!!!!! keep hanging in there- i know there are people with better stats than me applying... good luck all-
p

Originally posted by poloace
alright kids-
29 mcat... sub 3.0 science gpa, 3.06 overall undergrad-
MPH in progress at columbia university-
finally.... i got an invite to vermont for the middle of december. i'm so excted... i feel like i have a chance now!!!!! keep hanging in there- i know there are people with better stats than me applying... good luck all-
p

there you go, another success story. kick ass at vermont!