AMA: Current D1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predent2151

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am a current D1 who just recently started classes and I would be happy to answer anyones' questions about the application process, the transition from undergrad to professional school or anything!

Members don't see this ad.

Where do you attend?

How did you decide where to live? (price, proximity to school, etc.)

Is the course load comparable to any of your undergrad semesters, or is it way busier?

Where do you attend?

How did you decide where to live? (price, proximity to school, etc.)

Is the course load comparable to any of your undergrad semesters, or is it way busier?

ECU SoDM

I decided where to live because I’m able to walk to school and it’s still affordable, around 650/month.

The course load is already brutal. It moves at the pace of about one entire undergrad course in a week.

My advice, take as many upper lvl bio classes as possible it will definitely help you adjust to the new pace.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What was your application process experience? Did you still have any luck when schools those who submitted after you were getting interview offers, but you were not?

Why did you choose ECU?
It’s only been a week but what is your favorite aspect of dental school?

What was your application process experience? Did you still have any luck when schools those who submitted after you were getting interview offers, but you were not?

My application experience was pretty good. I applied early with a high GPA and a 22AA 23TS. I applied to 8 schools, interviewed at 6 and got into 4. A lot of people got interviews before me at Columbia. I didn’t get an interview until like late October. Ended up getting waitlisted but that’s ok I wouldn’t have went anyway.

Why did you choose ECU?
It’s only been a week but what is your favorite aspect of dental school?

I chose ECU because of the price, small class size, location, and our 4th year we spend 27 weeks at other locations throughout North Carolina practicing dentistry under the supervision of an attending. It’s created like a private practice setting and serves as a mini residency. We also get into lab and hands on stuff D1 year. So far my favorite part is the people in my class. We only have 52 students and about 30 of us get together multiple times a week to just hangout. Everyone is so friendly and we only have 2 or 3 OBVIOUS gunners.

Reactions: 1 user