"Amateur Surgeon" game =]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrMattOglesby

Grand Master
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Uh oh! I just burned the patient to death with the lighter. :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't get the injections to work. :(

ha ha, I was going to post this game last week. In order to do the injection thing you have to click the corkscrew and then the pain away, so both are highlighted. Then, click any place on the body and follow the red bar around the circle with your mouse.

ha ha, I was going to post this game last week. In order to do the injection thing you have to click the corkscrew and then the pain away, so both are highlighted. Then, click any place on the body and follow the red bar around the circle with your mouse.

How do you know if it works? I think I'm still not doing it right.

Hey EEL how did the interview go?

Hey thanks for asking. After I finish eating lunch I will post in my "any final words of advice" thread.

Thanks Matt, I was trying to find a reason not to write my English paper. Now I have one.

It's like a cracked out version of Trauma Center for Nintendo DS

How do you know if it works? I think I'm still not doing it right.

:lol: I'm having the same problem and it's really making me mad! I've been trying to get past the 3rd patient all morning!

:lol: I'm having the same problem and it's really making me mad! I've been trying to get past the 3rd patient all morning!

Me too!! I wasn't sure if I was the only one who couldn't get past Cletus. :laugh: Apparently you and I are not meant to be surgeons. :smuggrin:

Has anyone played the surgery game for Nintendo Wii? I take that game very seriously ... its awesome (but extremely irritating at the same time).

So while I'm extrememly upset that you can't get past the first set of pts on to act 2, I'm also glad because I have an exam on Monday and need to study. I'm so TORN!!

Members don't see this ad :)
my third patient keeps bleeding to death....the one w/ the porcupine :( do i just have to go faster or what?

my third patient keeps bleeding to death....the one w/ the porcupine :( do i just have to go faster or what?

Dude, me too! I think is has something to do with the injection you have to give him (what we were talking about above). I still can't get the damn thing to work! :laugh:

I'm definitely NOT going into surgery. :oops:

Okay guys, before I went down for my four hour nap I figured it out. For patient 3 you have to cut him open, fix him, then close him back up then do it all again. After you close him back up then do the injection. Click on the cork thing then click on the pain away. Click and hold on his body and follow the red part around the circle like once. The key is following it around the circle means keep your arrow on the red part. After once around it should say good or great or awesome or something like that. :luck:

Oh and I did it everytime after I closed him up but you have to close the wound first.

Woo Hoo!!! I figured out the injection thing! Now I keep running out of time on the next patient (the one who ate paint and has nails in his lungs :eek:). I'm really addicted to this game now!

Okay guys, before I went down for my four hour nap I figured it out. For patient 3 you have to cut him open, fix him, then close him back up then do it all again. After you close him back up then do the injection. Click on the cork thing then click on the pain away. Click and hold on his body and follow the red part around the circle like once. The key is following it around the circle means keep your arrow on the red part. After once around it should say good or great or awesome or something like that. :luck:

Oh and I did it everytime after I closed him up but you have to close the wound first.

i think i was just "pimped" for the first time in my medical career!

wow looks like this game is popular amongst everyone here...
how far along are you all in the game?
i am still on file 1, working on a guy named Horrace...he has like, ants coming out of his heart?! i killed them before, but now i forgot what i did last time...

i am still on file 1, working on a guy named Horrace...he has like, ants coming out of his heart?! i killed them before, but now i forgot what i did last time...

Wow good job! I'm only on Claude (#4). I think this was a bad time to get addicted to this game seeing as how I have a midterm on Monday and another on Wednesday. :eek:

Well, thank you Amateur Surgeon very much for preoccupying my entire day! I got none of my labs done, and I do have a test on Tuesday for my stupid music class, not to mention an anatomy quiz. All of that work to find out that there is no Act II yet!

Well, thank you Amateur Surgeon very much for preoccupying my entire day! I got none of my labs done, and I do have a test on Tuesday for my stupid music class, not to mention an anatomy quiz. All of that work to find out that there is no Act II yet!

What? That's not even right!!

I was so confused by him, not fair that you had to kill the nest, and fix him like, 3 times. Stupid ants kept coming out...

I was so confused by him, not fair that you had to kill the nest, and fix him like, 3 times. Stupid ants kept coming out...

Ahhh I just beat that stupid Horrace character, I hated the ants! I guess it's sort of a good thing that there's not another file yet though, otherwise I would waste all day tomorrow too :D

Ahhh I just beat that stupid Horrace character, I hated the ants! I guess it's sort of a good thing that there's not another file yet though, otherwise I would waste all day tomorrow too :D

Very true! These games are soo addictive!

I can't figure out Horrace. When I kill the ants first his heart stops or he loses too much blood. When I close the wounds first a whole bunch of fires start popping up and he dies from being bitten too many times. I just can't win. :(

haha i can see it in 4 years time from now...

Doctor: "Nurse! get me a pizza cu--ergh, SCALPEL, Stat!"

2nd Doctor: ::Nods knowingly::

*reminds me of the cartoon of the doctors who were performing heart surgery on a guy and--being that they grew up in the 80s on old school nintendo--one of them recommends taking out the organ and blowing into it and putting it back to see if it worked.
:laugh:

Hmm this is just a rip off of Trauma Center on the Nintendo DS and Wii.

haha i can see it in 4 years time from now...

Doctor: "Nurse! get me a pizza cu--ergh, SCALPEL, Stat!"

2nd Doctor: ::Nods knowingly::

*reminds me of the cartoon of the doctors who were performing heart surgery on a guy and--being that they grew up in the 80s on old school nintendo--one of them recommends taking out the organ and blowing into it and putting it back to see if it worked.
:laugh:

Ooohhh, I saw that one! Isn't it xkcd? I can't remember.

Ooohhh, I saw that one! Isn't it xkcd? I can't remember.

you were right! here it is =]

nintendo_surgeon.png

and by the way, here is a link promoting the benefits of video games in developing hand-eye coordination in surgeons

To beat Horrace you have to shock all of the black ants, then shock the little nest they come out of a few times then a big golden queen will come out of the nest. You have to shock it then fix him. You find the nest from using the etch a sketch thingy and cutting it out.

stupid game. I just wasted an hour of my life beating that thing...

Act II is available and right in time for spring break!! Wahoooooo!! :D:oops:

Act II is available and right in time for spring break!! Wahoooooo!! :D:oops:

Aw man, I have to paint my house and study for anatomy exams this week!! Now I'll never get my house sold and I'll fail anatomy!

You know as soon as I saw that this was up again, I KNEW the 2nd act had to be up otherwise why post in here? And I KNEW I shouldn't click on it because I still have class through Thursday and 2 exams to take before my spring break starts. So now if I fail my lab and lecture exams........... it's all EEL's fault!! :smuggrin:

Thanks for the tips on the cork screw. I couldn't get that thing to work and it was driving me nuts. Also, I can't get the guy with the lumbar pain to work. I get that I am supposed to cut the green liquid blobby things but then when I try to cauterize them back up the green things come back 3x as big!!!!

Wow....i can't believe that i am asking for help about a video game on a pre-med forum!!!!!

OK, I know this is bad, but I'm going to buy a real mouse today (I have a laptop with a touchpad only) just so I can beat this freakin game! :oops::laugh:

Thanks for the tips on the cork screw. I couldn't get that thing to work and it was driving me nuts. Also, I can't get the guy with the lumbar pain to work. I get that I am supposed to cut the green liquid blobby things but then when I try to cauterize them back up the green things come back 3x as big!!!!

Wow....i can't believe that i am asking for help about a video game on a pre-med forum!!!!!

Yeah, I'm stuck in the same spot and confused.

Edit - OH! I figured it out. You need to use the suction after you make the cuts.

Yeah, I'm stuck in the same spot and confused.

Edit - OH! I figured it out. You need to use the suction after you make the cuts.

Yep you have to suction the green stuff up or it will just keep getting bigger. And for the rest of you who need to be focusing on other things, all I have to say is :smuggrin:.

OK, I know this is bad, but I'm going to buy a real mouse today (I have a laptop with a touchpad only) just so I can beat this freakin game! :oops:

I converted my comp to tablet mode--that was fun/frustrating.

I converted my comp to tablet mode--that was fun/frustrating.

No way I would have been able to beat it as quickly as I did if I couldn't do the tablet mode. So much easier when you can just write on the screen!

Has anyone played the surgery game for Nintendo Wii? I take that game very seriously ... its awesome (but extremely irritating at the same time).
Items in the body cavity, analgous to pterodactyls, annoyed me so much I haven't played since. Its fun, but its even more dramatic than Grey's.

So, I need to consult on a patient.... Karl keeps dying! I can't keep his heart rate down, anyone figure him out?