Amazon is backing out of pharmacy.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RxAlchemist

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Interesting.... I also see articles on stocks rising for other pharmacies after news broke out that they’re backing away.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for posting this info RxAlchemist. I didn't know reddit had anything to do with this forum.

From what I read from CNBC, Amazon backed out temporarily (or reluctantly for now) due to current legislation hurdles and market resistance from hospital acquisition side. Amazon is currently also lacking proper dedicated medication storage & delivery chain. So for now, they try to first get a foothold and gradually grow from there. They are still too new to the business after all. After a few years when they are ready, they will be back, without a doubt! Why wouldn't they? Tech companies are just so ferociously invading and potentially completely disrupting traditional industries. Look at Google's parent company Alphabet, they are doing everything now, from calico labs to driverless cars. No way Amazon is gonna quit this easily. e-pharmacy and automation is the future.

Last edited:
I hate Reddit. It's so douchy. If someone has an opinion that most people disagree with, it gets "downvoted," taken away from the eyes of readers, and the result is the democratization of thought. AKA, groupthought.

I like how on here everyone has to listen to me and my mentally unstable thoughts...

Reactions: 11 users
From what I read from CNBC, Amazon backed out temporarily (or reluctantly for now) due to current legislation hurdles and market resistance from hospital acquisition side. Amazon is currently also lacking proper dedicated medication storage & delivery chain. So for now, they try to first get a foothold and gradually grow from there. They are still too new to the business after all. After a few years when they are ready, they will be back, without a doubt! Why wouldn't they? Tech companies are just so ferociously invading and potentially completely disrupting traditional industries. Look at Google's parent company Alphabet, they are doing everything now, from calico labs to driverless cars. No way Amazon is gonna quit this easily. e-pharmacy and automation is the future.

I also read they recently canceled their first pharmacy wholesale license in Maine too. I remember people were losing their s hit when they made it and now they pulled it. If it’s just temporary why wouldn’t they just keep that license anyways? Instead of cancelling it all together.

Reactions: 1 user
I hate Reddit. It's so douchy. If someone has an opinion that most people disagree with, it gets "downvoted," taken away from the eyes of readers, and the result is the democratization of thought. AKA, groupthought.

I like how on here everyone has to listen to me and my mentally unstable thoughts...

Awww, widdle baby can’t handle the internetz??? You need a bandaid for that booboo?? So cute. Awww you got a widdle upvote here, you feel better now baby? So adorable, I give you a likey too, make u feel good. Googoo gaga.

Reactions: 1 users
Awww, widdle baby can’t handle the internetz??? You need a bandaid for that booboo?? So cute. Awww you got a widdle upvote here, you feel better now baby? So adorable, I give you a likey too, make u feel good. Googoo gaga.
literally just made his point. Here, ill point you in the right direction. Go here --> www.reddit.com

Members are reminded to be civil
literally just made his point. Here, ill point you in the right direction. Go here --> www.reddit.com

Awww SDN making you feel a widdle bedder baby? Booboo gane now? Awww ish okay, bad mean Reddit won’t hurt you anymore too. Nobody hurt you here too, you safe here with your opinions (not).

Members don't see this ad :)

I’m f ucking dead.

Awww SDN making you feel a widdle bedder baby? Booboo gane now? Awww ish okay, bad mean Reddit won’t hurt you anymore too. Nobody hurt you here too, you safe here with your opinions (not).

Ironic, because I use Reddit on a daily basis. Disagreeing with an opinion is perfectly fine, even welcome. But lets not act like a child on a professional forum.

Ironic, because I use Reddit on a daily basis. Disagreeing with an opinion is perfectly fine, even welcome. But lets not act like a child on a professional forum.

Oh wowwww, so brave of you widdle baby boy. Use Reddit everyday daily wow brave baby. Awww widdle baby thinks this forum is actually professional. Aww sooo blind and cute. So cute using the word “professional” to describe the Pharmacy sdn. Who thought you that widdle baby? You learn from teacher in school baby? Wowwww big vocabulary, here have a likey. Make you feel good and safe on this forum.

Oh wowwww, so brave of you widdle baby boy. Use Reddit everyday daily wow brave baby. Awww widdle baby thinks this forum is actually professional. Aww sooo blind and cute. So cute using the word “professional” to describe the Pharmacy sdn. Who thought you that widdle baby? You learn from teacher in school baby? Wowwww big vocabulary, here have a likey. Make you feel good and safe on this forum.
you didnt give me a likey. go like my post.

LMAO had I not just read a post from you earlier today saying you were about to graduate and enter the workforce I would assume you were like what...12 or 13 years old? Half the reason pharmacy is in such a crappy situation is because it somehow or some reason attracts nitwits like this.

LMAO had I not just read a post from you earlier today saying you were about to graduate and enter the workforce I would assume you were like what...12 or 13 years old? Half the reason pharmacy is in such a crappy situation is because it somehow or some reason attracts nitwits like this.

No that wasn’t me...you probably read the post where Antarctica was opening a new pharmacy school and having rotation sites to treat penguins. I just graduated from there today. I like to troll sdn pharma, cuz you guys are very receptive and responsive to trolling. It’s hilarious. Gives me a kick! Awww look at how you replying to me, so cute. But yea I did just get job tho for real, about damn time. LOL

Your idea of trolling is make fake threads about pharmacies in Antarctica and talking like a baby? LOL

I gotta wonder if the Qanon movement has something do with Amazon getting cold feet. FB, GOOG, AMZN, TWTR, all going done. America First!

Not surprised that Amazon failed to break into a field it knows virtually about.

Imagine if CVS tried to switch gears and break into the IT industry.

I also read they recently canceled their first pharmacy wholesale license in Maine too. I remember people were losing their s hit when they made it and now they pulled it. If it’s just temporary why wouldn’t they just keep that license anyways? Instead of cancelling it all together.

Cancelling now or later, it doesn't make much a difference for amazon at the moment, as they still face legal hurdles of medication delivery. They can't just deliver meds like another random package. Current laws don't allow them to do so, unless they either lobby to change the law, which is unlikely to succeed, or have a dedicated delivery logistic chain for meds. Looks like they are going the later route, but it can take quite some time. Amazon has been eyeing the Rx business for years since Jeff Bezos did with drugstore.com back in 1990s. Now sitting on almost unlimited amount of cash, why would they scuttle the invasion plan permanently while seeing CVS and Walgreen still make tens of billions of profits from Rx every year?

Cancelling now or later, it doesn't make much a difference for amazon at the moment, as they still face legal hurdles of medication delivery. They can't just deliver meds like another random package. Current laws don't allow them to do so, unless they either lobby to change the law, which is unlikely to succeed, or have a dedicated delivery logistic chain for meds. Looks like they are going the later route, but it can take quite some time. Amazon has been eyeing the Rx business for years since Jeff Bezos did with drugstore.com back in 1990s. Now sitting on almost unlimited amount of cash, why would they scuttle the invasion plan permanently while seeing CVS and Walgreen still make tens of billions of profits from Rx every year?

Will be interesting to see what unfolds if anything.

Imagine if CVS tried to switch gears and break into the IT industry.

Oh that is a good one! The idea of CVS breaking into IT is rich, actually the idea of CVS even having an IT dept is pretty laughable.

Reactions: 3 users
Check out the comments for this video. very interesting.

Steve Ve2 months ago (edited)
These three amigos are the ultimate insiders. Big picture it's about getting health care if your mind is right. Check a little deeper into the Washington Post history. It is a CIA deep state asset. It was started by Eugene Meyers of the Federal Reserve board. In the early fifties the CIA infiltrated it through operation mocking bird. Amazon currently has a contract with the CIA worth 700 million for data services. Amazon currently has thousands if not millions of devices in households across the world. They know what you buy, read and lately listen into your household. Do you want them deciding what health care you should receive?

Will CVS still deliver now?

I actually considered watching one of these videos, however a few seconds in I heard "Bee-zos"

It's pronounced "Bay-zos". At least know who you are talking about.

It was probably just another conspiracy video anyways. People really have too much time on their hands.

Reactions: 2 users
Agree with you 100% on this. Its a matter of ‘when’ not ‘if’ with Amazon.

Check out the comments for this video. very interesting.

Steve Ve2 months ago (edited)
These three amigos are the ultimate insiders. Big picture it's about getting health care if your mind is right. Check a little deeper into the Washington Post history. It is a CIA deep state asset. It was started by Eugene Meyers of the Federal Reserve board. In the early fifties the CIA infiltrated it through operation mocking bird. Amazon currently has a contract with the CIA worth 700 million for data services. Amazon currently has thousands if not millions of devices in households across the world. They know what you buy, read and lately listen into your household. Do you want them deciding what health care you should receive?

Also to note theres nothing federal with the federal reserve.

“The Federal Reserve Banks are not a part of the federal government, but they exist because of an act of Congress. ... While the Board of Governors is an independent government agency, the Federal ReserveBanks are set up like private corporations. Member banks hold stock in the Federal Reserve Banks and earn dividends.”

Also to note theres nothing federal with the federal reserve.

“The Federal Reserve Banks are not a part of the federal government, but they exist because of an act of Congress. ... While the Board of Governors is an independent government agency, the Federal ReserveBanks are set up like private corporations. Member banks hold stock in the Federal Reserve Banks and earn dividends.”

Yeah, but they are controlled by a Reserve Board that is majority controlled by members nominated by the President of the United States and something like 94 percent of the profits generated by these banks are refunded to the US Treasury. This was all done because conservatives feared the massive centralized power a system without a non-governmental component would create...but after numerous panics in the 19th century that led to mini banking crises, it was clear a central banking system was needed. The system we have is the compromise.

So, yes, the Federal Reserve System, of which the Federal Reserve Banks are a member, is very federal. And being that Ben Bernanke used the system to avoid a worldwide financial collapse in 2008, you'd think people would appreciate the system more.

Last edited:
So, yes, the Federal Reserve System, of which the Federal Reserve Banks are a member, is very federal. And being that Ben Bernanke used the system to avoid a worldwide financial collapse in 2008, you'd think people would appreciate the system more.

But in a world where anti-vaxxers exist and where people are preoccupied with Her E-Mails, I’m not surprised. Stupidity is everywhere, and it will kill us all.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

:corny::corny::corny::corny:

Yeah, but they are controlled by a Reserve Board that is majority controlled by members nominated by the President of the United States and something like 94 percent of the profits generated by these banks are refunded to the US Treasury. This was all done because conservatives feared the massive centralized power a system without a non-governmental component would create...but after numerous panics in the 19th century that led to mini banking crises, it was clear a central banking system was needed. The system we have is the compromise.

" avoid a worldwide financial collapse in 2008, you'd think people would appreciate the system more."

He didn't avoid anything. All he did was kick the can down the road by printing literally trillions of fake money to buy bad assets. All that bad money (QE1, QE2, QE3, ect) is still out there and the economy will have to pay the piper eventually.

" avoid a worldwide financial collapse in 2008, you'd think people would appreciate the system more."

He didn't avoid anything. All he did was kick the can down the road by printing literally trillions of fake money to buy bad assets. All that bad money (QE1, QE2, QE3, ect) is still out there and the economy will have to pay the piper eventually.

Well, no, HE didn't kick the can down the road. What he did was absolutely necessary emergency surgery. It's up to the executive and legislative branches of the government to increase taxes during the boom times to complete the Keynesian management of the central bank. Right now said branches of government are cutting taxes in a bull market because they are complete idiots.

Well, no, HE didn't kick the can down the road. What he did was absolutely necessary emergency surgery. It's up to the executive and legislative branches of the government to increase taxes during the boom times to complete the Keynesian management of the central bank. Right now said branches of government are cutting taxes in a bull market because they are complete idiots.

>Bull market
>Low United States Labor Force Participation Rate and dropping fast
>real income static or falling especially relative to inflation
>stocking being pumped up artificially on easy FED money

[spoiler = "trigger warning"] Where do i get the koolaid you are drinking? [/spoiler]

They just announced acquiring PIllpack, a mailorder pharmacy. So much for backing out?

Maybe it was easier to acquire a functioning pharmacy than to navigate the regulatory waters themselves.

Walgreens stock is tanking! Wow.

Down 6 points today. They are in big time trouble.