Technology Amazon Kindle/Sony Reader anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MusicJunkie

Troy&Abed in the morning!
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just wondering if anyone uses/knows someone that uses the Sony reader or Amazon Kindle for educational purposes and if it's been beneficial. Does anyone know if you can upload files from your computer onto the reader?

In one of my lab classes, there was a student that had the E-book reader. Apparently, she uploads most of her books on the reader and keeps that with her instead of bringing several books to campus.
 
Last edited:
Hmm...never thought about doing that. For your information though, it's called the Amazon Kindle.
I'm going to be going to UTHSCSA next year so all of my books are already going to be on CD so I can get them from my laptop 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hmm...never thought about doing that. For your information though, it's called the Amazon Kindle.
I'm going to be going to UTHSCSA next year so all of my books are already going to be on CD so I can get them from my laptop 🙂

Yeah, I just noticed the typo. whoops! 😀
 
I think there's a small fee for uploading your own content (pdf's etc) onto the kindle, not for the sony ereader if i remember correctly. these devices are intriguing but the price has to drop, i'll continue reading on my iphone for now.
 
How easy/difficult is it to read a PDF on an iPhone? I've heard of people doing this, but I always thought it would be hard to see the text since the iPhone's resolution is only 320x480 and alot of PDFs, especially scanned books, are kinda big. I've also read on CNET's reviews that reading PDFs on an e-reader is less than ideal because of the lack of zooming ability on those devices.
 
Last edited: