Amazon Pharmacy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Standutd

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Had a discussion with some pharmacy friends and heard about Amazon making its way into the pharmacy space. Does anyone here have any info/experience related to this. I read that they started internally by establishing a PBM??? I don't know why, but I imagine working for Amazon being better than any other existing opportunities lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Let me be the first to shatter this illusion: working for amazon horror stories - Pesquisa Google

Even consulting for them which puts me in a way better position, they are completely abusive in their treatment of us at 1492. I raised rates twice over the OT. I have no illusions that they won't hesitate to drop me as soon as they can. They make Walgreens Deerfield look like amateurs when it comes to contracting. I pretty much put them on the level of Pfizer and Amgen for mercenary behavior.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Let me be the first to shatter this illusion: working for amazon horror stories - Pesquisa Google

Thank you for opening my eyes bro. Now the job search is even scarier...

Even consulting for them which puts me in a way better position, they are completely abusive in their treatment of us at 1492. I raised rates twice over the OT. I have no illusions that they won't hesitate to drop me as soon as they can. They make Walgreens Deerfield look like amateurs when it comes to contracting. I pretty much put them on the level of Pfizer and Amgen for mercenary behavior.

This is all very unfortunate. As a consultant do you have any companies you enjoyed working for @lord999 ?

If Amazon decides to operate a pharmacy and their worker treatment is the same across the board, CVS will be viewed as a wonderful alternative the way some CVS and Wags people look at grocery store pharmacies.

But what about craft beer Thursday and having your own personal masseuse in your private office in downtown San Francisco?

Amazon is going into the pharmacy business?
This guy makes me want to be a pre-pharm again. To think Amazon will pay you $160k to drink beer and discuss pharmacology with your PhD colleagues. In reality you will be wearing a GPS tracker that buzzes when you leave your workspace and your sole responsibility is to be the license that signs off on hundreds or thousands of prescriptions being dispensed.

Reactions: 6 users
This guy makes me want to be a pre-pharm again. To think Amazon will pay you $160k to drink beer and discuss pharmacology with your PhD colleagues. In reality you will be wearing a GPS tracker that buzzes when you leave your workspace and your sole responsibility is to be the license that signs off on hundreds or thousands of prescriptions being dispensed.

The weirdest part of that post for me, besides the absurdity of it all, is that he starts with something like "the abuses of Amazon are well known...". Uh, if their abuses are well-known, why do you think they are going to be the oasis of pharmacy? I almost wonder if the whole thing is farcical.

I bet Amazon Pharmacy will take any and all returns of medications.