AMCAS 2005 Submitted/Processed/Verified/Transmitted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
pbehzad said:
Finally I can join the processed club.
Submitted 6/28
Active 6/28
Processed 7/8

Let the 2ndaries roll in.
word, 6/28 with an transcript exception pending-->7/8 woo hoo!

Members don't see this ad.

Submitted: 6/21
Processed: today (7/8)

I had 6 transcripts

submitted 7/1, processed today 7/8
(my transcript was already in)

Members don't see this ad :)
why not? SDN represents some of the strongest and most dedicated applicants out there. if you want to be in that category, you must keep up with the competition. And the competition applies ASAP!
Remix,

while you are correct regarding SDN's population, the point that i was trying to make is that the VAST majority of pre-meds out there can hardly be characterized by what is seen and posted here. there are occasions where SDN will make you feel completely inadequate for no damn reason. it was simple reassurance, that's all.

If AMCAS has not fixed a problem on your app before they transmit your application, after they fix the problem do they retransmit it to the schools again? Just wondering cause I am getting 2ndaries and my application problem has not been fixed yet.

Submitted: 7/1/04
Active from the first hour
Processed: 7/7/04
yet, they sent me an email saying that my credit card payment failed and i need to contact them to avoid any delays. This was a separate email other than the one that said my app was processed. how can i get their phone number.

AMCAS number: (202) 828-0600

i was thinking.....

i've been a lurker, then a poster, on SDN for a couple of years now. i was just wondering: is it just me, or is AMCAS actually doing a pretty good job this year? :eek: most people who have posted have been processed quickly (unless they have like 34 transcripts or try to submit a change of some sort). not bad, eh?

NOTE: i realize that this is still early in the process, so it may eventually go apesh/t in august anyway, but so far, so good...

sooo..they're getting better.. but they need to work on being consistent with their information when folks call... i need to fix my state of residence, but i can't b/c i already submitted.. ho hum..it's okay though..i'll correct it on my supplementals.

~L

superdevil said:
i was thinking.....

i've been a lurker, then a poster, on SDN for a couple of years now. i was just wondering: is it just me, or is AMCAS actually doing a pretty good job this year? :eek: most people who have posted have been processed quickly (unless they have like 34 transcripts or try to submit a change of some sort). not bad, eh?

NOTE: i realize that this is still early in the process, so it may eventually go apesh/t in august anyway, but so far, so good...

no way man...I have no basis for comparison, but I was active within an hour of submitting my app on 6/28, 3 transcripts (one with only one summer course)all in well before submittal, and I haven't seen a thing budge while I watch people on here with 6 transcripts or exceptions who submit after I did be processed 5 days ago. No fair. Called AMCAS to make sure there wasn't a problem with my payment, they said it's all good, 4-6 weeks...

Liz

bump, anyone else get verified recently?

is there any way to see if AMCAS has recieved various transcripts before we hit submit?

no way man...I have no basis for comparison, but I was active within an hour of submitting my app on 6/28, 3 transcripts (one with only one summer course)all in well before submittal, and I haven't seen a thing budge while I watch people on here with 6 transcripts or exceptions who submit after I did be processed 5 days ago. No fair. Called AMCAS to make sure there wasn't a problem with my payment, they said it's all good, 4-6 weeks...
damn liz, that sucks ass.

ok, nevermind. AMCAS is just doing business as usual, i suppose! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Amcas submitted last night, active immediately. All transcripts (four) receieved well before this.

Already finished the Baylor secondary. :thumbup:

Good luck to everyone!

Tex10 said:
is there any way to see if AMCAS has recieved various transcripts before we hit submit?
They should have sent you an email confirming receipt of each transcript.

Submitted: 6/26/04
Processed: 7/12/04

AMCAS submitted 6/30/04; processed 7/6/04.
TMDSAS submitted 6/30/04; still waiting

Submitted and Active 6/30 - Absolutely nothing; not counting generic secondaries.

Submitted 6/30
Verified 7/13

Finally,

Active 6/30
Processed 7/13

submitted 7/5
active 7/5
undergoing verification 7/13
processed :confused:

submitted 6/21
processed 7/2

My transcript arrived 6/25. Secondaries started coming 7/7.

Submitted 7/2
Active 7/12 (one transcript was delayed)
Verified... still waiting

treetrunk said:
submitted 7/5
active 7/5
undergoing verification 7/13
processed :confused:

PROCESSED! 7/13 :D

submitted: 6/29
Processed: 7/13

*sigh of relief*

Can I put a request out there for everyone posting dates?

I Just read in a post from LAST year's class, that apparently how long the verification process takes depends on your *last* name*. The applicants are divided into bins based on the first letter of the last name for separate processing... and bins might move at different speeds from each other (because there are relatively few A-F applicants, or the guy doing T-Z has been smoking meth and works all night).

That means your expected time should be similar to someone with a last name close to yours in the alphabet. So, please, if you can, post from now on in this format:

submitted: 7/2
active: 7/11
processed: ??
last name: C

Submitted:7/12
Active: 7/12 (immediately) <--- may be due to the fact that all transcripts were on hand
Processed: ??

Submitted without transcripts: 6/20
Both transcripts in: 7/6
Active: 7/7
Processed: 7/13 :) :thumbup: :thumbup:

submitted: 7/2
active: 7/2
processed: ???

secondary from yale came in today, even though app still not processed.

Last name = B

submitted - 07.09
active - 07.09
verification (in progress) - 07.14 (all transcripts in a month ago)

Man, this sucks....I submitted 7/2, was active immediately since my transcripts were received back in June, and still nothing. My last name is "C". This is a miserable waiting game.

I'm an "a" and it took about two weeks to get processed (6/26 to 7/12). If it's alphabetical, you should be processed by July 23 or so.

submit: 7/14
active: 7/14
processed: 7/27
waiting....

whats this about last names?

Just got a call from AMCAS and they said there is no alphabetical order, just the order of when submitted.

that can't be right, base on the widely variant processing times on this site.

transcript in 5/18
submitted 6/29
active 6/29
processed...???????
last name: H

What the hell? I only had one transcript. What's taking so long??

submitted - 07.09
active - 07.09
verification (in progress) - 07.14 02:00 (all transcripts in a month ago)
processed - 07.14 10:34

These guys were quick! :D

penguinol said:

submitted - 07.09
active - 07.09
verification (in progress) - 07.14 02:00 (all transcripts in a month ago)
processed - 07.14 10:34

These guys were quick! :D
Wow! Nice!

Let's just test this last name theory. What's the first letter of your last name? Why is it everyone else that I see seems to be in the same range with me? Bummer. I'm changing my last name to "Zeus".

Just to clarify again: from what I understand (based on last year's class), your application is separated into different bins/groups based on your last name. In other words, one person is in charge of the A-G group, someone else is in charge of H-L, etc... Within that group, your order will be processed in order of arrival.

So, we'll see pretty quickly whether that theory holds. As a 'C', looks like the current wait'll be at least 2-3 weeks.

heech said:
Wow! Nice!

Let's just test this last name theory. What's the first letter of your last name? Why is it everyone else that I see seems to be in the same range with me? Bummer. I'm changing my last name to "Zeus".

Just to clarify again: from what I understand (based on last year's class), your application is separated into different bins/groups based on your last name. In other words, one person is in charge of the A-G group, someone else is in charge of H-L, etc... Within that group, your order will be processed in order of arrival.

So, we'll see pretty quickly whether that theory holds. As a 'C', looks like the current wait'll be at least 2-3 weeks.

My last name begins with a "W."

heech said:
Wow! Nice!

I'm a "C" and I'll hae been waiting 2 weeks on Friday.

My last name starts with "S" and I've been "processed" for a few weeks. Looks like the only thing that matters is when you turned in your info.

submitted: 7/7
active: 7/7 (transcripts in 7/5)
processed: 7/14

last name 'L'

Submitted 7/11
Active 7/13
Processed ??

Submitted:7/2
Active: 7/2 (transcript received 6/14, one transcript exemption pending)
Processed: 7/14... damn all you that submitted 5 days later and got processed today as well! <jk> :)

GL everyone.

dartty said:
submitted: 7/7
active: 7/7 (transcripts in 7/5)
processed: 7/14

last name 'L'

Ha!
submit: 6/28
active: 6/28 (transcripts in 6/15)
processed: not yet, not even in verification yet!

last name 'K'

blows your theory all to hell, huh?

krebse said:
Ha!
submit: 6/28
active: 6/28 (transcripts in 6/15)
processed: not yet, not even in verification yet!

last name 'K'

blows your theory all to hell, huh?

Hang in there, my last name starts with a K as well, and it took 10 business days.

Did anyone ever think about the fact that every Univeristy has a different transcript format, some more confusing than others...also, some of us have junior college transcripts from high school dual credit, and some of us have studied abroad, transferred schools, taken summer courses at different schools, et cetera. I think this seems to be the most likely reason for variances in the processing times of people who submitted on the same day w/ their transcripts already rec'd.

Code Brown said:
Hang in there, my last name starts with a K as well, and it took 10 business days.

Here's Code "K" Brown's first post:

Submitted (2nd time thanks to NYU) - 6/21
Verified/Processed - 7/6

So there ya go krebse! Maybe this is just "conclusive" evidence that 'K' and 'L' are in different bins? 'L' took one calender week, while your fellow 'K' took 2 calender weeks. I predict, therefore, that you get your processed this week! :)

submitted: 7/2 (all transcripts already in)
active: 7/2
processed: 7/15

Last name (even though I don't think it matters) = B