AMCAS 2005 Submitted/Processed/Verified/Transmitted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh shi...

Submitted: 7/12
Active: 7/12
Processed: 7/23

I had transcripts from three schools

Members don't see this ad.

Submitted: 7/15
Active: 7/15
Processed: ????

:(

-tx

Submitted 7/2
Active 7/12 (one transcript was delayed)
Processed 7/23 (at 4:49 pm!)

Ok, question... AMCAS messed up on one of my grades... my third quarter of Organic Chem. I took an incomplete on it the first quarter I took it... (my daughter came down with pneumonia and I had to miss the final). So, next quarter, I took the final and my score was added in... but it comes up as 3.0/I on my transcript.

AMCAS isn't even counting it... it's not being added into the GPA--as if it were a withdrawal. Do I want to correct them and have it lower my current BCPM GPA (3.48) or just leave it as is?

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted: 7/23
Active: 7/23

3 transcripts already in, 1 transcript exception pending for Oxford U. (UK)

I hope that doesn't F it up too much...

Well 20 days and still waiting... maybe my application got jammed in the printer? :laugh:

Submitted: 7/26
Active: 7/26 (transcripts in way long ago)
Processed:?

Yea, I'm sure we all agree i'm pretty screwed. I have no reason for applying this late either...just stupidity I guess.

blz said:
Submitted: 7/26
Active: 7/26 (transcripts in way long ago)
Processed:?

Yea, I'm sure we all agree i'm pretty screwed. I have no reason for applying this late either...just stupidity I guess.
Relax, man. It's waaaay early, you know? I predict interview dates beginning in mid-Sept. to early October. That's still pretty early compared to the majority of applicants, no? :)

It's all good. :luck:

EvoDevo said:
Relax, man. It's waaaay early, you know? I predict interview dates beginning in mid-Sept. to early October. That's still pretty early compared to the majority of applicants, no? :)

SDN has a way of making you feel pretty crappy...

EvoDevo said:

Besides, he'll probably be verified before me :smuggrin:

Gonna be 21 days... is today the day??

AndEE said:
Besides, he'll probably be verified before me :smuggrin:

Gonna be 21 days... is today the day??
is that 21 working days? Seems a bit long. Perhaps you could call them and get an update. Be aggressive!

EvoDevo said:
is that 21 working days? Seems a bit long. Perhaps you could call them and get an update. Be aggressive!

No it's 21 days total (I submitted on July 6). Actually I checked just now and it's in verification (but says to allow 15 days to be verified). I don't think it's wise to call, because they say the process takes 4-6 weeks and complaining after 3 doesn't seem all that reasonable :)

AndEE said:
No it's 21 days total (I submitted on July 6). Actually I checked just now and it's in verification (but says to allow 15 days to be verified). I don't think it's wise to call, because they say the process takes 4-6 weeks and complaining after 3 doesn't seem all that reasonable :)
yeah, but lotsa people who subbed after have already been processed. YOu can ask in a polite way if there's some problem with your stuff, i.e. they lost a transcript, etc. It never hurts to ask ** in a nice, non-hysterical pre-med** way, you know?

Did you fill in the course listing JUST like your transcripts? That might have caused a problem.....

Members don't see this ad :)
EvoDevo said:
yeah, but lotsa people who subbed after have already been processed. YOu can ask in a polite way if there's some problem with your stuff, i.e. they lost a transcript, etc. It never hurts to ask ** in a nice, non-hysterical pre-med** way, you know?

Did you fill in the course listing JUST like your transcripts? That might have caused a problem.....

Well I just got processed :laugh:

There weren't any major change to my transcript, except my grad thesis grade for each semester was changed to "deferred," even though it isn't considered a deferred grade on my transcript. Strange that it took so long.

My BCPM GPA was a bit lower than I thought too. Hrm.

Submitted: July 18
Active: July 18
Processed: ...................

At least my transcripts have been in since the end of June. All I'm waiting for is the guy with the red pen to come along. :D

AndEE said:

I submitted and was active on 7/15.

So its been 8 working days for me.

At this stage of the game, is it going to be about 4 weeks?? :confused: (as opposed to people taking 1 week who submitted earlier)

Anybody know?? : :confused:

-tx

Verified/Processed: ???

Hurry up!

Although I have already received 6 secondaries.

Processed: 7/28

FINALLY :)

Submitted: 7/12
Active: 7/12
Processed: 7/26

Yay!! :)

CommandoRabbit said:
Verified/Processed: ???

Hurry up!

Although I have already received 6 secondaries.

I guess I just needed to bitch more. Went Verified 7/28.

Submitted: 7/13
Active: 7/13
Processed: 7/26

before i was processed received an e-mail from irvine saying they received my app.

Processed: ??

txguy said:
I submitted and was active on 7/15.

So its been 8 working days for me.

At this stage of the game, is it going to be about 4 weeks?? :confused: (as opposed to people taking 1 week who submitted earlier)

Anybody know?? : :confused:

-tx

Just checked today and I am processed!! 7/29

Goodbye thread!!

-tx

how long does it take between verified --> processed?

Still waiting for a change in active status since I submitted on 7/18 :sleep:

gobblety_gook said:

I never made it to "verified." I was "active" for two weeks and then "processed."

-tx

posted: 7/26
active: 7/26
verified: when hell temp= 0 C

It's going to be a fun next few months.

gobblety_gook said:

Active for 2 weeks -> then verification process took like an hour -> then processed/verified

Yay! Processed 7/30! (submitted & active 7/18)

I'm submitted, finally, thank God! 7/30
Of course I'm on hold cause my transcripts aren't there yet...

Other than if there is a problem, you guys don't think calling actually makes a difference, do you?

terzian said:
Yay! Processed 7/30! (submitted & active 7/18)

I also submitted 7/18 (11:30 pm though :p )...hurry up and verify my app AMCAS!! The wait is killing me!!! :scared:

I, as well, am a member of the 7/18 crowd. Has anyone been processed that submitted on 7/18? 7/17? Will it ever get through? Hello? Please? ......... :eek:

I guess all I had to do was whine about it, because my application just now got processed!! So if you submitted on 7/18, it should be getting processed soon.

nipandtuck said:
I guess all I had to do was whine about it, because my application just now got processed!! So if you submitted on 7/18, it should be getting processed soon.

hahaha, so did mine!!! submitted/active on 7/18
:) :)

good luck! :luck:

2 transcripts

for those of you who were processed in mid-july (mine was july 16) -

have you gotten a lot of secondaries yet? for some reason i'm not getting very many (only 4/20) and i'm a little worried. lemme know. thanks

medstylee said:

have you gotten a lot of secondaries yet? for some reason i'm not getting very many (only 4/20) and i'm a little worried. lemme know. thanks
Depends. I was processed on 7/19 and I've received 15/22, two of which were screened. Of the remaining seven schools 4 are screened and three are automatic.

Hope this helps.

medstylee said:

Shoot, I haven't even been processed and I have 8/30 secondaries. Obviously, they're the non-screening types.

well, i got 2 more today (UChicago and UPitt) and I got an e-mail from Wake Forest saying they have my application from AMCAS. So, I guess there are no problems - things are just going at a turtle's pace.

Submitted 7/23
Processed 8/4

3 transcripts, 1 transcript exception :thumbup:

Submitted 7/21
Processed 8/3 :luck:
BTW, I submitted my transcripts two weeks before I submitted the AMCAS.
:D

So should I be worried if I submitted on 7/20 and aren't verified since some people that submitted 7/23 are? My transcripts had been received weeks in advance of submitting. Thanks.

gomizzou said:
So should I be worried if I submitted on 7/20 and aren't verified since some people that submitted 7/23 are? My transcripts had been received weeks in advance of submitting. Thanks.

I wouldn't worry man...I was in the same situation you were in: I submitted 7/18, 3 hours after my friend and got processed a WEEK after he did...we both had our transcripts in.

You should get processed by the end of the week or beginning of next week.

good luck :luck:

I would say give it until the end of the week.

Thanks guys, I didn't know if that meant there was a problem or something. Also, do you have to recertify each time you check your status, or is it ok to leave the box unchecked because it says that if you don't recertify no changes will be recorded. I am not sure if there is a way to check to see if it is verified besides logging back into the amcas page. Thanks again.

gomizzou said:
Thanks guys, I didn't know if that meant there was a problem or something. Also, do you have to recertify each time you check your status, or is it ok to leave the box unchecked because it says that if you don't recertify no changes will be recorded. I am not sure if there is a way to check to see if it is verified besides logging back into the amcas page. Thanks again.

Just log in to the AMCAS system, click OK for the warning, and you're all set. ONLY if you wanted to change something would you go throught the recertification process (address, phone, email, add a school, etc.).

Submitted 8/4/04 -- yes, I'm way behind schedule... I hope that it doesn't hurt me too much.

I need to have some family members/mentors call their corresponding admissions offices to keep my application from being screened out... anyone have any idea when would be a good time for this? I don't want to have them call and the med school hasn't even gotten my AMCAS yet.

I haven't even submitted my AMCAS yet because I just decided to apply to schools that weren't in Texas... Now I am waiting to hear about the FAP... Is it even worth still applying to more schools, or is it late to just be getting started? I have the AMCAS application complete, just waiting for the FAP... Also, I have completed the secondaries for JHU and Baylor, the two AmCAS schools I want to apply to...

Any advice is appreciated!
Emily

Ylime said:
I haven't even submitted my AMCAS yet because I just decided to apply to schools that weren't in Texas... Now I am waiting to hear about the FAP... Is it even worth still applying to more schools, or is it late to just be getting started? I have the AMCAS application complete, just waiting for the FAP... Also, I have completed the secondaries for JHU and Baylor, the two AmCAS schools I want to apply to...

Any advice is appreciated!
Emily

Definitely not too late. Folks taking the August MCAT don't "get started" until October.