AMCAS 2008 or AMCAS 2009???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Auron

Cruisin' the Cosmos
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'll be applying this summer (2008) to medicals schools, and was on the AAMC site here: http://www.aamc.org/students/amcas/amcas2009.htm

So do I use the materials for AMCAS 2008 or 2009 as they're both on that page. I just want to make sure.....

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
AMCAS 2009 is the correct one. AMCAS 2008 was for last year. The rule is, use the one with the year you'd be matriculating if accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
Aren't you starting a bit late?

What do you mean?

I'm a senior, graduating in May 08. I'll have a gap year before I start med school...which is how I planned it out.

Last edited:
What do you mean?

I'm a senior, graduating in May 08. I'll have a gap year before I start med school...which is how I planned it out.

Huh? I'm so confused. May 2008 has passed already. Are you talking about graduating in May 2009 and applying that summer? Because if that's the case, then you want to fill out the AMCAS 2010, which is not yet available. If you're saying that you want to apply NOW, to matriculate in August/September of next year (2009), then yes you do use AMCAS 2009... but it's considered really late to only be filling out the form now, because you won't be verified for another month.

Last edited: