Amcas 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr__Robert

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can somebody help me with the Misdemeanor section of the AMCAS?

All I have ever been "convicted of" are traffic offenses, and last years application (That's right, I'm a re-apper) said "with the exception of minor traffic offenses" but this years says only:

"Have you ever been convicted of, or pleaded guilty or no contest to, a Misdemeanor crime, excluding 1) any offense for which you were adjudicated as a juvenile, 2) any convictions which have been expunged or sealed by a court, or 3) any misdemeanor convictions for which any probation has been completed and the case dismissed by the court (in states where applicable)?

You need NOT disclose any instance where you:

were arrested, but not charged;
were arrested and charged, but the charges were dropped;
were arrested and charged, but found not guilty by a judge or jury;
were arrested and found guilty by a judge or jury, but the conviction was overturned on appeal; or
received an executive pardon."

With a Yes or a No box.

I don't think you get a chance in the AMCAS to explain the offense (i.e. just traffic offenses) so what should I put?!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone?
I know somebody is going to read this... what do you think is the appropriate action?

I'm sure there's someone who knows the answer for sure but here goes anyways. Aren't traffic offenses NOT considered misdemeanors? Therefore, you do not need to mention anything.

Someone feel free to correct me -

Members don't see this ad :)
I would think most traffic offenses are not misdemeanors. I think DUI and the more serious offenses fall under that category.