AMCAS academic record all mixed up after submission?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

James'Magikarp

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else having the same issue? I triple checked that everything was listed in order-- even printed out the PDF version of my application and checked it off-- but once I hit "Submit," my coursework rearranged itself.. Now everything is listed in a super confusing order:

The original PDF prior to submission showed everything from HS, FR, SO, JR, and SR in order.
Now, the submitted PDF shows: SO, JR, SR, FR, SO, FR, HS. What in the world...?:confused:

Should I be worried?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
No, mine did the exact same thing and it was verified with no issues! :)

That happened to me too when I submitted. It got verified and schools didn’t seem to have an issue with it. Might be something with the AMCAS system.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks everyone for your reply! Yes, @gonnif it is also rearranged in the submitted PDF version as well... not sure why though.

Also, an AAMC representative finally got back to my email after 11 days. They said, "AMCAS is aware of this issue and is actively working to resolve it. As long as the Academic Year, Academic Term, and Year in School is correct for each course, you have met the chronological order coursework requirement."

It looks like I will be verified without an issue. Still, I am now hoping admissions committees won't assume carelessness on my part... Do they even care about the chronological order of coursework listed? I honestly triple checked everything on my pre-submission PDF to confirm the chronological order, so this was out of my control. (Hmm maybe it's because I used Safari to submit my primary? Not sure if Safari is somehow incompatible with AMCAS or something...)

It is rearranged in a pdf now as well?
Thanks everyone for your reply! Yes, @gonnif it is also rearranged in the submitted PDF version as well... not sure why though.

Also, an AAMC representative finally got back to my email after 11 days. They said, "AMCAS is aware of this issue and is actively working to resolve it. As long as the Academic Year, Academic Term, and Year in School is correct for each course, you have met the chronological order coursework requirement."

It looks like I will be verified without an issue. Still, I am now hoping admissions committees won't assume carelessness on my part... Do they even care about the chronological order of coursework listed? I honestly triple checked everything on my pre-submission PDF to confirm the chronological order, so this was out of my control. (Hmm maybe it's because I used Safari to submit my primary? Not sure if Safari is somehow incompatible with AMCAS or something...)

I had a similar issue with submitting. I printed several PDFs, submitted, and my coursework order was fine. However, I added a few more schools and submitted again, and the course order got jumbled up (Junior, Senior, Freshman, Sophmore). I only submitted using chrome, so I don't think safari is an issue