AMCAS and/or PS Book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mt Kilimanjaro

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone know of a book that gives good advice about how to write AMCAS experience descriptions and/or the personal statement?

I haven't seen anything specific about how to approach the AMCAS experiences section other than talking about what you learned from the experience.

I've gotten some great advice from readers on this website re: the PS, but I would benefit from seeing an example of two where someone successfully pulled it off (i.e. how to "sell yourself" effectively without coming across as self-absorbed or arrogant).

Can anyone suggest some titles?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Princeton Review has one out that discusses writing medical school essays. It's not particularly helpful (I found better information by searching SDN), but it was nice to read a variety of PS and seeing how different people approached them. As far as AMCAS experiences, I would just do a search on SDN. As the 2013-2014 cycle nears, they will open up a thread specifically for those filling out their application to ask questions and get hints from other members, so I'd just wait till then. You still have plenty of time.

Sorry for any typos im on my phone.

SDN! Check out the articles that have been written about it.

Members don't see this ad :)