AMCAS and Transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ussdfiant

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just had the University of Pennsylvania send my undergrad transcripts and AMCAS is saying that they are not "official". I called Penn and they said that they only send official transcripts to AMCAS, but they would send another one out. I called AMCAS and (after only a 23 min. wait) was told that the original transcript was missing a signature. I called Penn back and they had no idea what AMCAS was talking about. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Members don't see this ad.

No, tell your school to contact AMCAS directly if possible. AMCAS should not be trusted in any situation.

Penn said that they sent another transcript and that AMCAS is full of it. The same transcript was sent to AACOMAS with no problems at all. They suggested that if AMCAS had a problem with the second copy that they should call the Registrar's office directly because it is not a problem on Penn's end. Ironically, PCOM is my first choice and my primary and secondary apps have been submitted. Allopathic is really my second choice (Hey, I live in a city with 5 med schools, I have to apply to them all).

Members don't see this ad :)
ussdfiant

o now i know what u are talking about :).. u must be an undergrad at upenn... well i am not an undergrad there :)

Hey ussdfiant,
A similar thing happened with me. I got an e-mail from AMCAS telling me that the transcript they received from my undergrad college was unofficial and I know for a fact that it was official. When I called them, they told me there was not problem with the transcript, but I requested to send another one anyway. What they mean by "missing a signature" is that the registrar's office must sign the seal of the envelope. That's what proves it's 'official.'