1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

AMCAS and Transcripts

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ussdfiant, Oct 1, 2001.

1. ussdfiant

Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I just had the University of Pennsylvania send my undergrad transcripts and AMCAS is saying that they are not "official". I called Penn and they said that they only send official transcripts to AMCAS, but they would send another one out. I called AMCAS and (after only a 23 min. wait) was told that the original transcript was missing a signature. I called Penn back and they had no idea what AMCAS was talking about. Anyone else have a similar experience?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. none

none 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

No, tell your school to contact AMCAS directly if possible. AMCAS should not be trusted in any situation.

4. ussdfiant

Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Penn said that they sent another transcript and that AMCAS is full of it. The same transcript was sent to AACOMAS with no problems at all. They suggested that if AMCAS had a problem with the second copy that they should call the Registrar's office directly because it is not a problem on Penn's end. Ironically, PCOM is my first choice and my primary and secondary apps have been submitted. Allopathic is really my second choice (Hey, I live in a city with 5 med schools, I have to apply to them all).

5. aisha

aisha Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

ussdfiant

o now i know what u are talking about :).. u must be an undergrad at upenn... well i am not an undergrad there :)

6. medical22

medical22 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey ussdfiant,
    A similar thing happened with me. I got an e-mail from AMCAS telling me that the transcript they received from my undergrad college was unofficial and I know for a fact that it was official. When I called them, they told me there was not problem with the transcript, but I requested to send another one anyway. What they mean by "missing a signature" is that the registrar's office must sign the seal of the envelope. That's what proves it's 'official.'