AMCAS AP credit question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meatloaf king

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone else noticed that AP or CLEP credit is not put under the right section under supplemental hours in GPA, or is it just me? If you got it on there, what did you do when entering the course information to get it there? I'll try the question here because AMCAS hasn't been much of a help.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry I can't answer your question, but I was curious howAP credit affects the app. Does it count towards GPA, or is it just considered random credit?

from what i've read it just counts as hours taken, but does not affect GPA in any way. Same for the CLEP courses I had due to military experience.

Members don't see this ad :)
AMCAS was vague *at best* regarding AP/CLEP. What I did was enter each test separately, e.g. AP US History, 3.5 units, P for grade. The thing is, I read on another post that you're supposed to put in "G" for the grade. Too bad I already submitted...

Anyway, all my AP units are clumped with my pass/not pass units, in the supplemental section. What does yours look like, meatloaf?

Hey guys speaking of APs, I AP'd out of both english classes my school required. I notice some med schools state AP is not acceptable in lieu of prereqs. Does anyone know ways to get around this, for instance we take substantial writing component classes, but ther are nor called English classes.

Re-reading the instruction booklet twice (yup) proved fruitless - they say a "G" grade should be assigned under AMCAS grade, which you can't enter at all (it won't let you). I opted not to put any OT grade on and just put down the credit hours it fulfilled. They fell into supplemental hours:oops:ther and my CLEP fell into Pass/Fail:pass because of the OT grade S on my transcript. Yeah though - very vague instructions.