Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

AMCAS Application Down and Out

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Mossjoh, May 2, 2001.

1. Mossjoh

Mossjoh Mayo Clinic-PGY2
    10+ Year Member

Well well well, the AMCAS application is down for unscheduled maintence until tomorrow, and its only the second day of its operation, not a good sign folks. I would like to thank the AAMC for experimenting with this new idea the year I'm applying, thanks. AMCAS-E once sounded like a bad idea to me, now, it may sound like paradise!!
    Anyway, just griping. If you need me after this, I'll be working on the app when it comes back up, because at its speed it runs I'll be 90 before I am able to complete it.

2. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Membership Revoked
    Removed

Oh man I should've known something like this would happen.

I seriously, seriously doubt if this fixup will be the last one either.

3. Jamier2

Jamier2 SDN Hillbilly Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Kinda makes us feel like Guinea pigs, huh? I can't believe they didn't gradually go to the onlive version. I'm sure many people out there would rather do a paper app, if for nothing else than to avoid just this sort of thing. Just giving us the option to fill out a normal app would ease the traffic on their site considerably.

I wonder if they thought applications would be down this year or what. They obviously didn't plan on all of us.

4. Wasabi

Wasabi Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Just chill. Perhaps it explains why AMCAS decided to give us an extra 18 days to submit it.

5. Jamier2

Jamier2 SDN Hillbilly Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

But, didn't you notice that they DELAYED the release of the application by a whole month? When you consider this, we've actually lost about two weeks. But, how long do we really need to answer this stuff? I agree with you wasabi, and am now properly chilled :)

6. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Something similar happened to the AACOMAS last year, they quickly fixed it though so I'm sure the AAMCAS app will be up soon. Chill, and you be the guinea pigs of this round, but imagine this... You're paving the road for future applicants :D hehehe

Anyway, just wanted to say, sit tight and relax. They claim that the on-line app will make your process go faster. Good luck to y'all!!!