• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

AMCAS Background Check

MedicalDoge

2+ Year Member
May 30, 2017
  1. Pre-Medical
    Hello all!

I have been accepted at a school and have not yet received an email from Certiphi about the background screening. Do they send them out in batches after January 1st or something? Has anyone that has been accepted received it yet?

Thanks in advance

MedicalDoge

2+ Year Member
    May 30, 2017
    1. Pre-Medical
      UPDATE: Called Certiphi and they said they sent me the e-mail on January 4th, but I never received one and it wasn't in my spam. They resent it and I just got it. So if you haven't gotten it yet I suggest calling them!!

Reactions: 1 user
      About the Ads
      About the Ads

chappikachu

2+ Year Member
      Jun 28, 2015
      1. Medical Student (Accepted)
        UPDATE: Called Certiphi and they said they sent me the e-mail on January 4th, but I never received one and it wasn't in my spam. They resent it and I just got it. So if you haven't gotten it yet I suggest calling them!!
        Just making sure, but you called them at the 888-260-1370 number? (Contact)

edit: just called and apparently the school I was accepted to hasn't entered me into the system yet or something, so they want me to contact the school

Last edited:
        About the Ads

MedicalDoge

2+ Year Member
        May 30, 2017
        1. Pre-Medical
          Just making sure, but you called them at the 888-260-1370 number? (Contact)

edit: just called and apparently the school I was accepted to hasn't entered me into the system yet or something, so they want me to contact the school

Yes, that's right.

Just got another duplicate email from them today after I submitted yesterday... these people

About the Ads

E.Hemingway

2+ Year Member
          May 10, 2017
          1. Pre-Medical
            I called certiphi and they told me they can’t do anything until the school sends me an email. So I assume the school has to process something first. The lady sounded pretty annoyed. I wonder if they’re getting a lot of calls from neurotic premeds like me...

Reactions: 5 users

Stumpyman

10+ Year Member
            Jun 29, 2011
              I called Certiphi - apparently my school did process my name/email and I should have gotten a Certiphi email last week. Never got one; they told me over the phone that they were re-sending it but still haven't received anything. Worried that it's going to be over 2 weeks (aren't we supposed to fill out the background check within two weeks of receiving the email?).

This is so silly; I just need an email from this company.

bengirlxD

5+ Year Member
              May 2, 2015
              1. Medical Student
                I submitted my application, however when I go back to log in to view the status, it takes me to a blank application page. Anyone else experiencing this?
                I finally got a confirmation email this morning. I was getting a blank application too. Now they finished my background check but when I click to view the report I'm getting an error page. This website making me uncomfortable about my personal data being on there

MedicalDoge

2+ Year Member
                May 30, 2017
                1. Pre-Medical
                  I did get a confirmation email for those who asked earlier, and was able to view the complete report two days later. Mine was probably quick because I have a very basic background; I have lived in one state my whole life. Best of luck to you guys .. we will all need it lol

MedicalDoge

2+ Year Member
                  May 30, 2017
                  1. Pre-Medical
                    I think once you release it (or when it gets released), any school can access it.
                    Does anyone know if we have to manually send our completed background check to the schools we were accepted to or do they automatically have access to the information?

You have 10 days to dispute it before it is automatically released to the schools. Or, you can release it right away

RedPanda55

2+ Year Member
                    Dec 13, 2017
                    1. Medical Student (Accepted)
                      For addresses, I only put the places I've lived after college including my permanent address... i've lived in too many different locations growing up to remember all of their addresses. Will that be a problem?

About the Ads
                      This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                      7. This thread is locked.