Amcas bcpm gpa?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eelgg123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I am taking human pathophysiology at my school because I thought it was an interesting class. But the class isn't listed under the BIO prefixes. Its listed under HCR. Its a class mostly covering bio. Does it count under BCPM?
Also, does research on my transcript that is biochemistry get calculated in the BCPM too?

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, so I am taking human pathophysiology at my school because I thought it was an interesting class. But the class isn't listed under the BIO prefixes. Its listed under HCR. Its a class mostly covering bio. Does it count under BCPM?
Also, does research on my transcript that is biochemistry get calculated in the BCPM too?

You classify courses and AMCAS changes them as they see fit. Your HCR course would most likely count, your research would not.

Members don't see this ad :)
hmm i would try to get research counted as bpcm, it definitely did for me ("independent study")

You classify courses and AMCAS changes them as they see fit. Your HCR course would most likely count, your research would not.

And yeah, what Goobs said... your research course probably won't count as BCPM.

You guys are both wrong on this one. I had a similar question and started a thread a few months back. Here's what the response was:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=993352

You got it :D
It will feel great to have 6 hours (12 if you do a Senior Honors Thesis) counted as science classes. A's in all of them if you do the work.