AMCAS Biographic Info - PLEASE HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

C U in MD school

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI ALL!
I just printed out my amcas application, but I noticed few problems.
1) It list my name 3 times on the application under "legal Name"
2) I was not born here, so when I put my birthplace and all that info in, it shows it blank on the print out
anyone else is having the same problems? if so, what do u think? what did you do? what r u gonna do? share.... please!

Members don't see this ad.

I got an email from those clown at AMCAS a while back which said that they are aware of errors in the printed app and not to worry about it. Evidently, med schools see your data in a different format than the printout and we are instructed to make sure that our data is entered right in the system only.

As far as the printout goes, for a while it wouldn't display my minor. No "no minor", no dash, nothing. Then, that abruptly stopped and now it won't display my major! I have checked that both are entered correctly, and that is all that I can do. My advice based on what AMCAS emailed me is to make sure that your names and birthdate are entered right and hope for the best.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey--
I have a really stupid question...I hope that I'm not chastised for asking this....but I had tried to print my application. and it said something about the date/time submitted, so I stopped the print application. My question is, can I print the app without it being submitted to AMCAS?
Thanks

Yes, you can print out your application without submitting.

However, the printed out version may look different than what you've typed in on the web. I was told by amcas to check your application ONLINE not the print out.

later