AMCAS course classification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emzerlee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I apologize if this is a frequently asked question, but I was hoping someone could help me out anyways.. I am enrolled in a class called Knowledge Acquisition in Medicine that is a seminar for health professions and it is listed as a BIO XX course. The class covers how medical knowledge is used to make decisions and deliver recommendations to patients and other health care recipients. It also goes into extensive detail about probability/statistics and analysis/interpretation of data. Is this class likely to be considered a BCPM class because it is listed in the Bio department, or is there a chance that it could be re-classified? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am enrolled in a class called Knowledge Acquisition in Medicine that is a seminar for health professions and it is listed as a BIO XX course. The class covers how medical knowledge is used to make decisions and deliver recommendations to patients and other health care recipients. It also goes into extensive detail about probability/statistics and analysis/interpretation of data. Is this class likely to be considered a BCPM class because it is listed in the Bio department, or is there a chance that it could be re-classified?
If the class is more than 50% hard science and math you have a basis for claiming it's in the BCPM category. If AMCAS disagrees, they will change it. If you can substantiate your claim, you can appeal the decision.