AMCAS coursework question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oobie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I ordered a copy of my official transcript to enter in my coursework, and it doesn't specifically mention that I took AP Chemistry and got credit for general chemistry. It just combines all my AP credits together in "test credits" (with 31 credits). So should I list out separately that I took AP chemistry and say that it's course name is "test credits"? (Also the same with AP Calculus). Do I need to take gen chem again? I took ochem in my freshman year, which would suggest that I had gen chem credits coming in. Plus, I took an upper division inorganic chemistry class later in college, but that was only one semester. Should I take A-chem or P-chem, or even an upper division ochem? (I would prefer not to, but I'll do what I have to do)

On another note, what classifies as a science professor for LOR? I am planning to get my physics lab TA's LOR but for another one, I was thinking of asking a professor who taught a psych class and neuroscience classes for me (Human Memory, Brain/Behavior relations, and Neuroanatomy). Would this work? My PI's also a science professor but I never took a class with her. Would she count as a science professor for LORs? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You should be fine for AP credit. I entered all the classes I was given credit for even though they weren't specifically on my transcript. I was verified without any issues.