AMCAS coursework question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nicksain

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey

for the amcas, question about coursework

i have taken 1 class credit/ no credit, and then a few other classes that were only offered as satisfactory/not satisfactory (no grade option)

should i put my grades as S and CR and mark them both as "pass/fail" even if i didnt have a choice as to my grade option?

also - for repeated courses, should we put our original grade (from the 1st time around) or just put what it says on my transcript "RP"?

one more also - withdrawn courses? should we list them? or just leave them out?

thanks for all the help

Members don't see this ad.

nicksain said:
hey

for the amcas, question about coursework

i have taken 1 class credit/ no credit, and then a few other classes that were only offered as satisfactory/not satisfactory (no grade option)

should i put my grades as S and CR and mark them both as "pass/fail" even if i didnt have a choice as to my grade option?

also - for repeated courses, should we put our original grade (from the 1st time around) or just put what it says on my transcript "RP"?

one more also - withdrawn courses? should we list them? or just leave them out?

thanks for all the help

For the S/U classes...yes, mark them as S/CR (whatever your transcipt says) and check the pass/fail box. That's what I did for my courses, and my AMCAS was verified without correction for those. I believe you should list all withdrawn courses. I would put exactly what your transcript has for repeated courses. If you haven't looked at it yet, go to the AAMC website and read the AMCAS 2007 Instruction Book (or use the help section of your application). This will help answer your questions. :luck: