AMCAS Experience Tye

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BlueCircle

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,

Need advice for filling out the AMCAS (15) Activities. I am sure this has been answered before but I am having difficulty finding relevant threads:

I have done physician shadowing informally, either as a scribing volunteer or as a paid scribe. So regarding the experience type, these can fall under "Community Service/Volunteer" and "Paid Employment" respectively but they can also as listed as "Physician Shadowing/Clinical Observation". Do I have some leeway in how I choose to describe the experiences?

-Blue
 
I'd suggest you consider listing the volunteer scribing under Shadowing/Physician Observation so you have a space with that tag (since you probably have enough clinical experience through employment). If you decide instead to characterize it as Volunteer, be sure to add the word "Shadowing" to the name you give the activity so it's less likely to be missed.
Need advice for filling out the AMCAS (15) Activities. I am sure this has been answered before but I am having difficulty finding relevant threads:

I have done physician shadowing informally, either as a scribing volunteer or as a paid scribe. So regarding the experience type, these can fall under "Community Service/Volunteer" and "Paid Employment" respectively but they can also as listed as "Physician Shadowing/Clinical Observation". Do I have some leeway in how I choose to describe the experiences?