AMCAS Free Clinic Activity Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zakimran23

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I had a quick questions about two of my activities.

Activity 1 is a free clinic being run by the current clinic I work at. Essentially once a month we travel to different underserved areas in the community and hold a free clinic. I am a medical assistant, but the idea was actually mine and I pitched it to the physicians and other members of my clinic. I then setup logistics, scheduled everyone, got donations and free supplies, and reached out to community leaders to find places we could setup for the days we ran the clinic. I also volunteered at the clinics themselves as a medical assistant. I wanted to know whether it would be too much to put Free Clinic Organizer (or Founder) in the title or if that would be too strong?

Activity 2 is a free clinic overseas. One of the physicians I work for has connections overseas and we are setting up a free clinic in his hometown. I have been dealing with logistics for that as well, but the country is under a lot of political turmoil and as a result it has been hard to do things within the timeline we want to. How should I log hours for something like that? Should I include the hours I have spent doing logistics and then project future hours? Should I put 0 for hours since the clinic hasn't opened yet? Should I not include the activity?

Thank you for your feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

1) Do you have someone who is a reference who can vouch for you being the person who came up with the free clinic program? What title would they be comfortable giving you for this?

2) You're doing a lot of administration and set-up. I suppose you can document it, but it's administrative and not "clinical" where you are seeing patients.

Reactions: 1 users