AMCAS GPA Calculation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zachdhudson

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sure that this is answered somewhere, but I couldn't find it with the search. What does AMCAS do with + or - grades on your gpa? Do they add or subtract anything from each grade point? The amcas manual says this:
"AMCAS counts all "+" or "-" grades, even if your school does not. At some schools, a "+" or
a "-" counts as n.3 or n.7, at others they count as n.5. ,"
however, that seems really ambigious. It says that they count it, but it doesn't say what they do with it when they count it. Thanks,
-Zach

Members don't see this ad.

zachdhudson said:
I'm sure that this is answered somewhere, but I couldn't find it with the search. What does AMCAS do with + or - grades on your gpa? Do they add or subtract anything from each grade point? The amcas manual says this:
"AMCAS counts all "+" or "-" grades, even if your school does not. At some schools, a "+" or
a "-" counts as n.3 or n.7, at others they count as n.5. ,"
however, that seems really ambigious. It says that they count it, but it doesn't say what they do with it when they count it. Thanks,
-Zach

Explaination is on the AMCAS web site. But yes. it is B+ = 3.3, A- = 3.7

I figured it was somewhere obvious that I jsut hadn't looked yet. Thank you though.